Junior Product Owner, Product Management Office – Trading & Order Management (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
The Junior Product Owner (PO) for Trading & Order Management
is responsible for supporting the Product Owner in driving the development and implementation of the order management, trading & execution roadmap
of Bank of Singapore.
With a clear focus on order management, trading, execution, booking and post trade
processes the role holder will support the product owner to make key management, operational, commercial and financial decisions to drive and deliver the overall business and group strategy.
Support key transformational projects
and overall digital initiatives impacting trading & order management team in partnership with the technology team. Ensure that overall project delivery is effectively managed within defined and agreed service level to drive and support business needs Responsibilities
The Junior Product Owner is responsible for user story prioritization together with product owner, user story development, work with squads and project teams to ensure quality and timely delivery. The Junior PO is a persistent role that goes beyond an individual project. Work with various System and Process Owners that contribute to or are part of the overall Product Area.
- Support Product Owner during user council / working group forums
- Prepare rollout plan; follows through with L&C on feature rollout & obtain regulatory approvals
- Work closely with end users to identify customer needs for requirements elicitation
- Drive detailed refinement of user stories according to PO's Backlog Prioritization with scrum team
- Participate in the refinement of user stories; Define the acceptance criteria for user stories; Collaborate with Technology BA and software engineer to make sure requirements are well understood
- Participate in UAT testing and user experience validation
- Prepare user training material and support user training
- Partner with external vendors (as required) to jointly deliver the aspirations of portfolio management within scope, timeline and budget.
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional business and technology-related projects in banking.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in any trading system eg. FINIQ, BloomBerg, TradingScreen, FIS, Murex etc. would be preferable. Previous business implementation and/or business support experience with Temenos Triple A and T24 would be considered favorably.
- The candidate ought to have relevant experience in financial products, trading processes and systems from private banks, wealth management or management consulting in driving transformational and/or platform projects.
- A driven self-starter who is delivery focused and possesses strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Robust stakeholder management skills and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders of varying seniority.
- Well organized with a natural inclination for conceptual thinking, planning strategy and solutioning; able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills; a bility to work independently, is pragmatic and enjoys high energy levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to complex demands in a diverse culture
- Degree in Business Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science
- Possession of MBA degree, relevant certifications (eg. Agile, Scrum, Project Management, Design Thinking, User Experience) or qualification is advantageous