Investment Management Data Analyst, Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Mar 19
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Description of Role
The London-based Global-Balanced Risk Control (GBaR) team manages US$18.1bn (as of 31 December 2018) in risk-targeting strategies, following a process that has been in place since 2009 and which has achieved strong long-term risk-adjusted performance. The team has recently expanded its footprint to Singapore with the aim of creating a global investment platform that will enhance our service to clients. In the meantime, to enable the team to continue to achieve superior investment performance with the backing of quality, cutting-edge investment research, there is an opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the GBaR team in a Data Analytic role as an Analyst/Associate.
- Help develop an analytical platform for analysing large quantities of economic and investment data.
- Assist in the development of the team’s macro and investment database. This will involve database design, data cleaning, data integration from various sources and data housing.
- Maintain and update analytical tools and chart-packs.
- Help design scientific solutions in a macro investment context using advanced statistical modelling or machine learning techniques.
- Support portfolio management activities such as portfolio rebalancing, trade implementation, exposure monitoring and preparing client communication.
- Help develop investment insight and signals through the effective use of backtesting.
- Automate the generation of investment charts, models and signals.
- Support senior team members for investment idea generation.
Key Skills and Characteristics
- Strong academic background in a quantitative discipline.
- Extensive programming experience with Python.
- Advanced skills in relational database systems/SQL.
- Strong experience in data analysis, charting and data visualisation.
- Experience in dealing with large quantity of financial data from sources such as Bloomberg, Datastream, Haver Analytics etc. is a plus.
- Experience in multi-asset and macro research is a plus.
- Motivated with the passion to apply advanced technology to solve problems in the investment world.
- Ability to work and think independently, but within a team-based approach.