- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 22 Feb 19
Head of Compliance- Securities Services
The Head of Compliance provides compliance advice and opinions on compliance topics as set out in the description above (including financial security, professional ethics, market integrity, protecting interests of clients, Group policy and local regulatory obligations to allocated business lines) and reasonable assurance with respect to same to local, regional and global management and governance committees. The Head of Compliance is responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of local policies (when required) and the control of all policies (local, regional and Group) and the development and maintenance of a strong Compliance culture within the territory.
• Provides reasonable assurance towards regulators, exchanges, industry associations, senior management and compliance management on the compliance of the territories activities with laws and regulations and ensures action plans are implemented to correct possible weaknesses.
• Makes Compliance decisions on files and issues reported by his / her team and by the Business Lines of his / her scope of responsibilities, in accordance with the Compliance decision making procedures by exercising his / her delegation right when appropriate.
• Maintain high standards in relation to regulatory advice and assurance as the 2nd level of control, where applicable;
• Drives the change required within Compliance in interaction with local, regional and global stakeholders (business, functions, domains, etc)
• Establishes an appropriate governance to manage risk of non-compliance
• Leads, manages and supports Compliance teams, including budget issues
• Defines how compliance rules will be adapted / implemented in coordination with the business lines, country and domains.
• Controls the effective implementation of compliance rules
• Ensures the interface between the Business Lines, regulatory authorities and / or Group Compliance
• Provides support and guidance to Business Lines, / Country, Domain teams
• Represents the Compliance function in business Lines’ Management Bodies on his / her scope of responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience required
• Degree qualified in Business, Law or Commerce
• Technically specific qualifications or evidence of ongoing development for area of specialisation eg: Compliance Management
• Post graduate qualifications in law beneficial
• Prior senior management experience
• Sound knowledge of applicable principles and practices of licence obligations and compliance standards
• Up to date with regulatory and market requirements as well as industry association initiatives
• Good understanding of the Bank’s business model and operations - knowledge in financial services, financial markets and products and their activity drivers plus, specific knowledge of custody, banking, operations, dealing, fund accounting and applying a compliance framework.
• Knowledge of Compliance issues and specific challenges of his / her environment (business line, county, region)
Company Reg No.: 201131609D
EA Licence No.: 11C4684
EA Reg no: R1216327