Head , Group Service Charges
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy & Change
Functional Duties, Governance, Risk Management
- Driving thought leadership across Finance and the broader organisation in respect to cost allocations and cost performance management more generally
- As a member of the P2P Leadership Team contribute to the overall P2P Strategy - ensuring partnership with other GPM/ COE leads to ensure end to end alignment of processes including sharing of best practices.
- Lead the Cost Optimisation stream in the Financial Reporting Strategic Change initiative, bringing subject matter expertise to:
- Develop and drive the overall vision for this work stream
- Establish clear cost process management principles, policies, and end-to-end governance to inform the process design and drive toward a best practice Performance Management Framework.
- Develop communication and engagement materials for senior stakeholders, including dashboards and modelling of the new methodology design and process enhancements.
- Integrate and redesign the Transfer Pricing and Service Charges processes to enable Financial reporting for costs, that satisfies both regulatory and tax requirements as well as segment and product profitability management.
- Work with senior stakeholders across Business and Functions, and partner with Group Tax, to develop and refine the design of allocation methodology, including identifying opportunities for methodology simplification, analysing options, developing insights and proposing recommendations and solutions to achieve cost visibility objectives.
- Facilitate the implementation of the future Cost Allocation platform, including defining the business requirements of the industrial-scale automated solution, assess architecture functionality, and work with technology and implementation team to develop the solution.
- Assess impacts to other associated and inter-dependent cost areas such as Recharges and Returns, ensuring a holistic and standardised strategic remediation solution suitable to drive consistency and alignment across all cost processes.
- Design Cost MI reporting, and define reporting technology requirements, to deliver transparent, standardised, consumption-based cost information to facilitate informed cost optimisation decisions.
- Formulate a robust Change to BAU resource integration strategy, and effectively manage the process transition into the BAU team with adequate controls.
- Drive the BAU Change agenda both within Service Charges and across P2P; embed a culture of continuous improvement, identify challenge areas and enhancement opportunities and provide value-add solutions, own the delivery and execution of change initiatives by effectively partnering with business & technology, while managing and escalating risks.
- Oversee and direct:
- the monthly Service Charges close process - providing oversight and monitoring of escalated issues and KPI's to ensure overall process integrity.
- the Corporate Plan Service Charges process - including solutioning for Business and Functions structure updates, budget restatements, and prior period restatements.
- the periodic update of allocation keys and governance of methodology changes - formulating and agreeing scope with the Finance Management Team and ensuring consistency and adherence to governance principles.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the Group including Businesses, Regions, Functions, and P2P Leadership to ensure coordination and support of broader business and team agendas.
- Proactively manage Business queries, and challenges to the Service Charge governance principles.
- Maintain a strong control environment and mitigate operational risk within the function. This includes establishing appropriate audit trails and achieving an ongoing healthy business environment through adherence to agreed policies, scopes, governance, and maintenance of a robust infrastructure and process.
- Actively progress team development & coaching, be an advocate for employees, provide relevant training & learning opportunities, and ensuring clear succession options enabling retention, progression and mobility.
- Ensure all staff are attending mandatory training programmes.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in the role remit to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Comply with all governance requirements - Process metrics review, SRM, BCP.
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple tight deadlines, while delivering quality output to senior management.
Our Ideal Candidate Knowledge
- Global Head - Financial Planning & Analysis
- Global Head - Business Efficiency
- Head of P2P GPO & Head of R2R GPO
- Group Head - Finance
- Group, Regional, Country, Business and Functions CFOs
- Group, Regional, Country, Business and Functions Heads of Performance Management
- Global Head Aspire, Core Finance
- Head of Financial Reporting Programme
- CA/CFA or MBA Qualified with minimally 15+ years' post qualification experience and in-depth knowledge of Management Reporting, Financial Reporting, Planning & Forecasting processes within the financial services sector.
- Specific experience in expense and service recharge processes (or equivalent) of a complex multinational banking Group, and relevant key measures that drives effectiveness of these processes.
- Knowledge of finance policies and procedures, products, processes, technology systems, finance databases.
- Proven experience in driving, managing and delivering on qualitative and quantitative business transformation and organisational improvement reengineering initiatives.
- Experience of working in a global organisation, within large virtual teams, in a matrixed environment.
- Proven leadership experience in organising, planning and executing projects from conceptualisation through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organisational lines, including proven ability to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Good eye for detail and with a strong focus on controls and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing decisions at senior leadership level. Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to work with cross cultural teams.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with thought leadership, natural intellectual curiosity, ability to think both strategically and analytically, and with a digital mindset.
- Ability to problem solve and manage complex situations, identifying solutions that support the business.
- Excellent people management skills and experience in building high performing teams and with succession planning for critical roles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, effective questioning and active listening.
- High integrity and professionalism, with the intent to do the right thing at all times.
- Self-starter with exceptionally high levels of energy, commitment and focus to drive outcomes.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.