Global Operations Strategy - APAC Project Manager (2 years contract)
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 17 Mar 19
Exciting opportunity that sits within an initiative to simplify and standardize our global operations strategy for APAC!
Overview of role
This role sits within an initiative to simplify and standardise our global operations strategy. As the name suggests, this initiative includes all operational activity globally; whilst this particular role will focus on the APAC aspects of the strategy.
The strategy will standardise our operational approach to Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting and Reporting and optimise and better utilise the tools and data that supports these functions. The role will manage all aspects of this initiative as it impacts the APAC regions and work closely with the global teams to ensure consistency to the overall strategy. There will be business subject matter experts assigned to support the project objectives.
The role will be based in Singapore and will report into the GOS Programme Manager for APAC whilst also working closely with the global Workstream Programme Managers and Business sponsor.
- Drive delivery against agreed timelines within the boundaries of the global Alpha Workstream strategy
- Create an environment for project team to succeed and be most effective within the wider framework of the global initiative
- Establish and reinforce open and effective communication between all of the APAC project team and global Workstreams infrastructure
- Establish project cadence and governance framework within the standards of the global Workstreams
- Establish stakeholder management approach which manages all APAC stakeholder expectations regarding the strategy and associated changes
- Being the global initiatives representative in APAC region for Alpha changes
- Day to day management of the Workstream project team
- Drive team to key deliverables critical path
- Ownership of Project artefacts and outputs to global Workstream initiative standards
- Regular formal and informal status updates to APAC GOS Programme Manager
- Management of key project risks and issues
- Management of key project dependencies and to impacted other initiatives in the group
- Participation in global Workstream regular governance meetings
- Support the Programme Management in tracking to agreed budget for the Alpha Workstream
Responsibilities of the role
The role will involve:
- Management of project to agreed timelines and budget
- Keep Programme Management formally and informally informed of regular status and progress
- Escalation of key issues and risks in a timely manner
- Management of all key project artefacts and archives
- Day to day management of Workstream project team
- Stakeholder management of key APAC players on initiative and progress
Overview of the skills and experience required
- Extensive experience of running medium to large projects within the Asset Management industry
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Asia regional asset management operations with solutioning and technical exposure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication, with a strong grasp of the English language
- Organised and methodical in approach with the ability to communicate at the senior level as well as down to the detail level where required
- A “can do” attitude with a passion for hitting deadlines
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.