First Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
First Vice PresidentAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Manage the new demand process.
- Liaise with requestors, technical and business SMEs.
- Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution.
- Maintain visibility of and maintain the new demand pipeline.
- Define, develop and manage central demand and capacity planning tools, tracking resource supply (internal and external) against pipeline of demand.
- Provide MI and analysis for workforce management and planning.
- Develop and maintain robust toolsets to support the management of demand and capacity planning.
- Develop effective regular and ad-hoc MI.
- Ensure effective and consistent communications, sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Manage technical implementation plan across application teams - coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support.
- Escalate issues that impacts project schedule on timely basis and propose workarounds/resolutions.
- Ideally a BSc/BA in a relevant field - 8-10 years' experience or equivalent.
- Ideally, a minimum of 8 years' experience in Banking, Information Technology.
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years' experience as Business Manager or relevant role.
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence. Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience with defining and implementing operating models and driving organizational change.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technology services, businesses and functions.
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise.
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to deliver.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications: Outlook, (Intermediate), Word (Intermediate), Powerpoint (Intermediate), Excel (Advanced/Expert).
- Numeracy - Very strong understanding around budgeting and forecasting, particularly around headcount costs.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.