COO - IT Security Specialist - AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 21 Feb 19
COO - IT Security Specialist - AVP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
Assigned to CIRC, you will be responsible as a Cyber Threat Analyst (CTA) to support Cyber Security Analytics process as well as relevant internal clients to conduct cyber security related data analytics, pattern recognition and threat hunting. The candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions around cyber security with a focus on identifying threats. This will involve maintaining a close dialogue with various units and stakeholders for the purpose of detecting and assessing potential risks to critical business infrastructure. At the same time, you will support processes aimed at honing CIRC's cyber security skills and streamlining internal workflow in order to evolve this area of operations and maintain a culture of excellence.
- Work in close cooperation with Cyber Intelligence, Malware Research, Incident Response and the Security Operations Centre for the purpose of extending and strengthening the division's capabilities relating to threat analytics using data.
- Focus on using Machine Learning techniques and perform threat hunting to detect Cyber Threats and anomalies using Big Data solution.
- Contribute to the development of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content, including use cases, reports, network and asset model management, dashboards, rules/logic, and documentation establishment.
- Responsible for threat hunting and contribute to the success of the program through delivering outcome.
- Liaising with various IT teams and business divisions to drive security-related topics forward and improve the bank's cyber monitoring capabilities.
- Support CSO (Chief Security Organization) strategies and operational plans, which will include maintaining a clear understanding of the organization's priorities and acting accordingly at all times
- The successful candidate is likely to have a degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) in a related field (IT/IT Security/Mathematics) or comparable work experience.
- Hands-on experience applying machine learning, analytics and/or analytics artificial intelligence techniques to data available in an analytics platform/system
- It goes without saying that you will also have to display well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent conceptual abilities.
- Experience with some of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, and assembler.
- The role also calls for initial experience in the field of scripting languages and HTML/XML as well as expertise in data analytics and tools, preferably Splunk or other Big Data or SIEM systems.
- Excellent technical understanding of post-exploitations to nimbly detect intrusions
- Ability to read and understand system and network traffic data including security event logs, system logs, security control logs, network packets, etc.
- Expertise in Splunk or similar platform is a must
- Experience in threat hunting is preferred
- Possess unimpeachable personal and professional integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language)
- Ability to take technical information and communicate to senior leaders in a simple terms, focusing on organizational impact.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and conceptual knowledge
- Experience of working in high performing teams and understand the dynamics of teamwork in an international environment
- Ability to maintain analytical, accurate, targeted and highly flexible working mode under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and ownership from reporting to resolution
- Experience of working in high-calibre teams and a solid understanding of the dynamics of teamwork in an international environment are essential, as are excellent communication skills and a fluent command of English, both written and spoken
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Relevant Security certifications (e.g. GCIH, GCIA, CEH, OSCP,OSCE, GCFA, CSIH) and technical certifications (e.g. CCNP, MSCE) are required.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.