SSGA EMEA Product Tax Compliance and Oversight,VP
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
SSGA EMEA Product Tax Compliance and Oversight,VPClient Onboarding and ongoing maintenance
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for clients in tax transparent products at time of subscription.
- Ensure client documentation is renewed in order to maintain preferential tax rates, as required.
- Oversight of custodian's application of appropriate tax rates at the investor level.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place with the custodian to avail preferential tax rates.
- Create and supply updated documentation, as required to avail preferential tax rates.
- Validate the application of the appropriate rates by the custodian.
- Ensure accrued tax reclaims are considered collectible.
- Work with the custodian to address out of tolerance items.
- Write down reclaims that are deemed uncollectible in a timely manner.
Ensure EMEA fund compliance with the Foreign Account tax Compliance Act ('FATCA'), the Common Reporting
- Standard ('CRS') and other applicable tax reporting regimes.
- Monitor and communicate global tax changes that impact State Street Global Advisors products.
- Ensure State Street Global Advisors products are receiving the most preferential rates in all markets of investment.
- U.S. Non-resident Alien withholding calculation and application relative to U.S. Common Trust Funds.
- U.S. tax reporting.
- Common Trust Fund investor reclaim administration tasks.
- Fund level tax documentation administration.
- Assist with answering client queries, as required.
- Assist with responses to tax specific RFP questions.
- Attend client meetings, as required.
- Assist with ensuring timely resolution of tax related issues by engaging with the custodian.
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS office products
- Strong understanding of tax reclamation process
- Detail oriented, organized
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Quality focus
- Prior experience with tax transparent and opaque EMEA investment vehicles preferable
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good EnglishDisposition
Ten to twelve years relevant experience in tax administration and/or tax oversight. Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity.