- Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Skagen Funds
- 19 Mar 19
As part of its effort to attract and develop talented people for careers in asset management, SKAGEN Funds has established a one-year corporate trainee program.
The aim of the program is to give graduate students a hands-on and accelerated introduction into global financial markets; and help the right candidate develop the skills required to become a part of SKAGEN. As a trainee you will be assigned to different functions in SKAGEN. The majority of the program will evolve around our investment activities and client advisory activities along with a short period learning about the important support functions; marketing, communications and administration issues.
You will rotate through these different teams to gain in-depth exposure and explore the different tasks and responsibilities within SKAGEN.
You are positive, curious and hunger-for knowledge personality along with hard work will not only greatly benefit your own learning, but also be a positive contribution to SKAGEN.
Tasks of this role will involve taking part in independent analysis, ESG analysis, idea generation and documentation as well as supporting the funds’ external communications.
What we offer:
- Training and experience in all disciplines relevant to anyone wishing to seek a career within the asset management industry.
- Personal mentoring and coaching.
- An opportunity to work within a contrarian and non-hierarchical organization where your work and ideas can make an impact from day one.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious
- A genuine interest in global markets and business
- Strong analytical skills
- Eager to take initiative
- Ability to both work and think independently
- Highly adaptable and motivated to work in a high intensity departments
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural awareness and international exposure
We would expect candidates to hold a Master’s degree with strong academic credentials.
The position will be located in Stavanger, Norway. Fluency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Application deadline: 18th March, 2019
Start of trainee program: September 2019, but this is flexible
Learn more about SKAGEN and the position at skagenfondene.no/jobb.
We kindly request you to send your CV and covering letter via www.kontrast.no. Should you require further information, please contact our partner Svein Erik Reienes at Kontrast R&R AS, telephone +47 916 19 990. All enquires are treated confidentially