Internship: Market research Behavior-based Auto Insurance – Master thesis assignment
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam Noord-Holland NL
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jun 18 2018-06-24
See job description for details
Internship: Market research Behavior-based Auto Insurance - Master thesis assignment
You will conduct research on the aspects that are decisive for Dutch drivers to choose a behavior-based auto insurance. This research should elaborate on the low share of Dutch drivers with a behavior-based auto insurance in comparison to other countries. It should also offer advice to insurance firms on how this share can be increased. The following guidelines could shape your research:
• To what extent do privacy issues explain the low share of Dutch drivers? Are there cultural components that prevent Dutch drivers from choosing a behavior-based auto insurance?
• In which countries is the behavior-based auto insurance successful and what explains this success?
• Is the difference in price with traditional auto insurance sufficient and are the discounts on the insurance premium high enough? Do Dutch drivers prefer different rewards?
• Are Dutch drivers aware about the existence and advantages of the behavior-based auto insurance?
Beyond the Dutch borders, behavior-based auto insurances that take into account how the vehicle is used when setting the premium are becoming a preferred standard. These policies allow an insurer to offer premiums that are more tailored to the users of a vehicle than is possible with a traditional motor insurance policy. This is done by using various technologies such as sensors or smartphone apps that register information about your driving behavior. This includes how fast you drive, how often you brake, your fuel usage and your location. An example of a behavior-based auto insurance is https://fairzekering.nl .
In the UK already 1 in 10 new insurance customers choose a behavior-based auto insurance. Among its youth, this number even increases to 3 in 10. In the Netherlands, the interest of drivers in behavior-based auto insurance is equal among all ages. But with a share of only 1%, insurance firms are up to the challenge to increase the number of Dutch drivers with a behavior-based auto insurance.
Place in the organization
You will be part of the Financial Services practice within the insurance industry group. Accenture Financial Services serves three industry groups: banking, capital markets and insurance. Accenture Financial Services works with the world's best banks, capital markets firms, and insurers to achieve high performance.
Are you the perfect candidate?
• You are a Master student, in the final year of your graduation from university, preferably a specialization in the areas of: (Business) Economics and (Innovation) Management
• You have affinity with disruptive technologies;
• You are a team player with excellent communication skills;
• You are fluent in Dutch and English;
• You work independently and have a hands-on mentality; you are creative and take responsibility.
• You are a team player with outstanding communication skills; you are professional and secure.
• We think it is important that you have a strong intrinsic motivation to work on the subject and take ownership over certain areas.
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will get a lot of responsibility. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses.
• You will be guided by a team of experienced consultants;
• You will receive a compensation and a laptop;
• You will gain knowledge and expertise of Accenture;
• You will gain experience within a large international consulting firm;
• You will expand your professional network;
• You will be able to graduate with a research on the verge of business and technology that combines the internet of things, behavioral- and micro-economics and the financial sector;
• Period: Flexible, it is estimated on 3 months
• Hours a week: Flexible, assume around 32 hours
• Location: Amsterdam: Flexible workplace (work among our colleagues)
• Startdate: As soon as possible
We are looking forward to meeting you. Apply directly online through the button 'solliciteer online' and send us your cv and application letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact Vera Lehman de Lehnsfeld at telephone number 020-5728646 or via firstname.lastname@example.org .
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website www.Accenture.nl/carriere or follow us at www.Facebook.com/accenturenl .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.