Wintel Engineer (China Support)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 19
Wintel Engineer (China Support)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
- Deep experience in administering Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 servers in a Distributed Enterprise Environment.
- Strong working knowledge on Microsoft Active Directory management
- Event log check, disk space checks.
- Performance tuning of the servers to keep them running at optimal levels.
- Provide operation/RUN support of Windows servers.
- Knowledge on installing, configuring & troubleshooting Windows based operating systems
- Possess an understanding of networking technology and expertise in DNS, WINS and DHCP
- Terminal services, TCP/IP protocol services, LDAP, VB Scripting
- Systems administration certification for supported Operating System (Windows Server)
- OS Hardening and Performance Tuning
- Participate in backup and restore activities.
- Should work on incidents/tickets and service requests.
- Resolving issues either raised by service desk/user/monitoring tool which come in the form of tickets/incidents.
- Knowledge of ITIM framework such as incident, change, problem management.
- Work with vendor in case of L3 support when required.
- Good knowledge of server hardware, preferred IBM hardware.
- Good knowledge of IBM server tools such as IBM director.
- Should be good at troubleshooting operating system related and hardware issues.
- Firmware management of the servers.
- Knowledge of NTP servers and time management within Windows.
- Maintain/creation of appropriate documentation.
- Support, maintain and administer third party applications.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis.
- Report generations when required.
- Graduated with a D iploma / Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or IT-related education.
- Have at least 5 to 7 years of experience in dealing with Window OS versions - 2003, 2008, and 2012.
- Have prior experience in providing remote support for other countries.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must be able to write, read and communicate fluently in Mandarin.
- Quality driven - in communications and all system transactions.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints in a professional and friendly manner and escalate where appropriate.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
"If you choose to apply for this role, please note the special circumstances relating to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
In addition to the "Consent and Acknowledgment - Personal Data" terms and conditions set out in Accenture's Taleo webpage, if you apply for this role, we will be sharing your personal data with our client. While Accenture is the hiring entity, all candidates hired for this role will be working on Accenture's project with the client ("Project"). As the client is separately hiring for this Project, your personal data will be shared with the client for the recruitment purposes of either party. Accenture and the client remain separate entities and all recruitment decisions are made independently and separately.
By choosing to submit your CV and/or application for this role, you agree that Accenture can collect, use and disclose your personal data in the manner set out above."