Manager, Consumer Protection
*For internal staff please apply internal transfer via HRMS (https://myhrms.hlbank.my) with the information below:
JR number: Refer to the above Job Number next to position tittle
Location Code: MYMHL10000
Department Code: MY10006006
Designation Code: MCUPRO
- Implement sound Compliance Framework within the Group.
- Keep abreast of new legal, regulatory developments and international best practices to improve the compliance effectiveness.
- Provide oversight on implementation of new legal, rules, regulations and guidelines on key regulatory requirements such as data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection.
- Advise, identify and assess impact of regulatory compliance risks during new product/services development, process, marketing/promotional campaigns and other related activities.
- Submit the relevant regulatory compliance reports to regulatory bodies on compliance matters.
- Main contact point with the regulators and enforcement agencies on matters relating to data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection.
- Update senior management on new initiatives, latest development and concerns/non-compliances relating to Regulatory Compliance.
- Institutionalize compliance culture through dissemination of regulatory compliance requirements, trends and regulatory changes and employee's roles and responsibilities to achieve the optimum level of compliance within the Group.
- Guide, mentor and coach team members on activities/initiatives to build up knowledge and experience on applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Propose/recommend initiatives to reengineer existing internal processes to comply with new regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Legal
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a banking and financial Institution with specialisation in compliance or legal risk
- Knowledge of legislative aspects/regulatory requirements of banking
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, through all levels of the organization
- Possess analytical and critical thinking