- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 20 Feb 19
I&AM Identity Data Scientist
ITO, Technology Services, Security Technology Services
Security Technology Services
Reports Directly to:
Hagelen, Michiel (1552287)
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" .
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, the I&AM Identity Data Scientist will work as part of a small team s upporting project teams in research and background information, bringing forth and detailing business requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modelling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, data modelling and object modelling. Monitor data quality across the various I&AM systems and translate statistics into (senior) management reports, providing an insight on the impact of newly implemented functionality of I&AM systems .
· Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
· Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion. Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
· Provide quality assurance of (imported) data across the I&AM environment
· Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques/methods and generate useful business/management reports from single or multiple systems
· Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
· Work with management team to create a prioritized list of reporting needs for each business segment
· Develop wire frames, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, and other analysis-type documentation
· End-users of security technology functionality across the bank
· Identity and Access and other relevant Security Technology Services domain heads
· Relevant operations team managers
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
· The candidate must be process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
· Minimum 5 years experience in Information Security (Identity and Access Management), preferably in Banking and Financial services sector
· Must have a clear understanding of the concepts of Identity Management and end to end information flow. Candidate must have an understanding of industry best practices for data analysis, as well access administration (Provisioning, de-provisioning), access enforcements (authentication protocols) and access governance (certification, logging monitoring etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations across diverse cultures
· Understanding of audit and compliance requirements applicable in a compliance industry in a must
· Strong presentation skills with an excellent standard of English
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a troubleshooting mindset
· Must be articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to stakeholders
· Ability to analyse large datasets
· Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent