- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Specialist - Fund Operations (Temporary)
Specialist - Fund Operations (Temporary)Fixed Term Contract (CDD) until 14th June 2019.
Specialists Fund Accounting will report into the Lead Specialist Fund Accounting.
Overview of role
• Strong ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment in a Fund Oversight role of UCIT's, SICAV's and Hedge Funds.
• Fund Operations Oversight of all components within the Fund. Daily review and verification of the Fund Valuations analysing the impact of instruments held and the Share Class movements.
• Strong Knowledge of all instrument types and reviewing and verification of these price movements within the valuation. Derivatives and Non Derivatives instruments both.
• Verification of Fees, Dividends & Tax reporting in line with Core Fund and with other classes within the fund, if any. Understanding of various components which are part of the fee calculation process and able to review and challenge the relevant internal or external parties.
• Fund Statutory & Regulatory Reporting: Manages production of all Annual & Semi-Annual Fund Reports & ad hoc regulatory reports. Responsible for updating templates, tables of contents, proof reading, etc.
• Ensure report production deadlines are met. Ensure reports are produced in accordance with legal and regulatory environment. Ensure reports are produced in accordance with legal and regulatory environment. Require to manage query & issue resolution concerning the regulatory reporting.
• Co-ordinates checks & controls of the raw data & the reports shared by internal teams & external parties; Custodian, Board of Directors, Fund Managers & Auditors.
• Verification of Share Class movement in line with Core Fund and with other classes within the fund. Understanding of Hedged Share Classes, Swing Pricing, Transfer Agency and hedging process.
• Oversight of both Cash, Stock and derivative reconciliations within the Fund Groups and Liaising with the Fund Administrators / Custodians / Prime Brokers and Front Office to facilitate the reconciliation process.
• Proven knowledge of Derivatives Products, both OTC and ETD and ability to price these instrument types.
1. Follow up with brokers and third party pricing agents on valuation and position breaks.
2. Review price differences between brokers and third party pricing agents.
• Update and review of Fair Valuation and associated processes
1. Communicate agreed Fair Valuation decisions to the third party Fund Administrator
2. Review of stale prices
• Regular project assistance and ad-hoc tasks. Liaise with outsourced service providers when required
• University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
• Excellent English, with at least one additional European language (French, Italian, German...);
• At least 3 years' experience in the Fund Accounting / Fund Oversight, with experience in derivatives being a distinct advantage;
• Strong attention to detail and ability of multi-task.
• Excellent computer skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint;
• Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team.
• Sound understanding of Bloomberg, Reuters and pControl.
• Exposure on the various financial instruments, its features and functioning.