- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Compliance OfficerSchroders Investment Management Europe (SIM EU) is a world-class asset manager operating from 41offices in 27 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East. SIM EU established branches in Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands in 2012 and in Israel in 2018. SIM EU is also in the process of establishing branches in France and Spain (which were approved by the CSSF on 6 June 2018) and Germany (the application for which is currently under review by the CSSF).
Luxembourg has been the platform for the EU27 based fund range since 1991. It currently manages over €110bn in assets. We don't publicly report assets by entity but by client type.
As a global investment manager, Schroders helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do clients' needs. That's why Schroders has a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping focus on what matters most to clients.
Schroders is responsible for GBP 418.2 billion (EUR 476.3 billion / USD 543.3 billion) of assets for their clients who trust them to deliver sustainable returns. Schroders remains determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, Schroders has 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
Schroders Investment Management (Europe) acts as the Group operational hub for asset servicing and is increasingly seen as the global centre of competence for all matters related to the structuring and development of products. SIM Europe is based in Luxembourg and manages c.€110bn of assets across an increasingly complex product range. Additionally, the Luxembourg entity acts as the centre of a "hub and spoke" model for branches across Europe.
At Group level, Schroders has committed to the development of a range of new businesses under the Private Assets label, understood in this context to encompass Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure Finance, Insurance Linked Securities and SME Lending among other things.
The Compliance team of SIM EU is part of the Global Compliance team of the Schroders Group. The team currently consists of six compliance officers based in Luxembourg reporting to the Head of Compliance EMEA. The Compliance team of SIM EU also includes compliance staff/responsible in the branches of SIM EU. The Compliance team acts as a proactive advisor in compliance matters, performs investment compliance work, assists in identifying and assessing compliance and financial crime risks, and monitors measures taken to mitigate these risks on the basis of a risk based approach.
We are looking to hire a Compliance Officer to the SIM EU Compliance team with focus on Investment Compliance. The position will be based in Luxembourg with reporting line to the Head of Compliance EMEA.
• Interpretation, advice and communication of investment restrictions
• Conduct assessment for new investment products, eligibility of instruments, strategies and eligibility of markets
• Monitoring of investment restrictions
• Validation of investment breaches and compensation calculations
• Validation of breaches of regulatory exposure calculations
• Coordination and supervision of outsourced compliance checks
• Documentation of investment monitoring processes
• Perform timely, consistent and accurate reporting as required by laws and regulations, policies and terms of references of Committees
• Maintain the UCITS Guide and Eligible Markets policy for Luxembourg products and ensure proper information to the fund management desks/companies
• Proactively participate in product development
• Monitor SIM EU's compliance with applicable regulatory frameworks, conduct of business rules and other applicable rules and with Schroders policies
• Provide proactive advice on regulatory matters, identify regulatory changes, conduct impact assessments and communicate in this respect to key business stakeholders and support the implementation of new regulations
• Maintain Compliance policies, procedures and manuals to ensure they are up to date, reflecting current working practices, relevant regulatory requirements and Schroders' group policies
• Carry out compliance risk assessments, prepare the annual compliance monitoring plan and perform compliance monitoring reviews
• Provide advice on and participate in due diligence on and oversight of delegated/outsourced activities
• Carry out other regular and ad hoc compliance activities
• 5+ years of experience from investment compliance or similar experience from the financial industry
• Strong knowledge of the Luxembourg regulatory framework applicable to a Luxembourg Management Company with license to manage UCITS and AIFs and to provide discretionary portfolio management Compliance
• Experience in analysing new regulations, performing impact assessments and drive implementation of new regulations
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing, in English
• University degree/similar plus appropriate professional or post-graduate qualifications