- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 23 Apr 19
Senior AML Consultant for an Asset Management company (M/F)
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Full time
Dear all, one of our clients, a prestigious investment management company, is currently looking for an expert in AML. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in an AML position within an asset management company or in a financial services industry. English is mandatory for this position and French is considered as an asset.
SENIOR AML CONSULTANT (M/F)
- Developing expert knowledge through independent research, participation in professional training and industry discussion related to financial crime, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing rules, technology tools and techniques.
- Utilizing knowledge gained to recommend direction, influence and drive forward business and compliance goals.
- Incorporating best practices, techniques and data analysis to detect and deter high-risk transactions, including financial crime and inappropriate trading.
- Identifying, reviewing and interpreting applicable regulatory and legislative requirements that impact administrative, customer service and compliance processes, in partnership with other business units, experts and leaders.
- Consulting and communicating with business partners and departments to develop, revise and implement policies and procedures, educational materials and training sessions to maximize compliance and minimize risk.
- Leading consulting efforts to evaluate, recommend, develop, implement and monitor processes that ensure compliance, mitigate risk and, where possible, enhancing existing administration/controls.
- Influencing, liaising and managing relationships with external industrial bodies, regulators, industry peers and local/global business partners, on behalf of the business unit and/or enterprise.
- Engaging in periodic process evaluations to gauge the effectiveness of existing processes.
- Making critical business proposals/decisions, some in partnership with management.
- Guiding the implementation of improvements and enhancements to business processes, workflows or controls.
- Identifying opportunities to recommend and lead the design improvements to business processes, while using continuous improvement techniques.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years experience in an AML role within the asset management or financial services industry gained in Luxembourg
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirement specific to EU AML Directive and Luxembourg financial services industry.
- High level of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong and effective communicator - both verbally and in writing
- Strong team player
- Collaborative approach to working with key business stakeholders and the ability to influence and build strong working relationships in a global multicultural environment
- Very well organized self-starter, working independently and able to prioritize and manage several projects/assignments at a time
- Fluency in English, French is considered as an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Our client is highly renowned Asset Management Company.