Our client is a highly successful solar energy company who have experienced impressive customer and overall business growth over the last 5 years. With a mission of supplying affordable, safe and clean energy to millions of people, the company is one of the fastest growing power providers in Africa, connecting solar to hundreds of homes each day. Forward thinking with a positive-minded and inspiring company culture, the company continues to grow with a strong commitment to transforming lives through innovation and enterprise.
- Fully-Qualified (ACA/CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with a min. of 10 years' experience of leading a finance function. A post-graduate degree in business (MBA), economics or finance would be beneficial (but is not essential).
- Consumer banking, consumer lending/finance expertise is important. Must possess a strong understanding of Credit
- Experience dealing with subsidiaries in multiple countries is important.
- Experience growing a company from its early stages to $100 million+ revenues is desirable. Aside from finance, reporting and governance experience candidates must possess commercial CFO experience (i.e. the ability to operate at strategic level, helping to drive the business forward from a growth perspective, assist with fundraising, experience guiding a company through a future IPO, etc).
- Strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills with hands-on team leadership approach. Ability to get into/focus on detail while working flexibly with other teams and developing a good understanding of the competencies and challenges of other teams within the organisation.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is essential. Experience living in Africa a big plus. Must be prepared to travel.
Our client is looking for an experienced and hands-on finance executive to join the management team in the role of Chief Financial Officer, taking lead responsibility for all financial and management accounting, treasury, tax, financial risk management and control functions, budgeting, as well as investor reporting. In addition, the CFO will be tasked with developing strategies for financial, capital and tax efficiency as the company expands across multiple markets. The CFO will be expected to play a lead role in fundraising processes, in addition to engaging strategic partners and deputising for the CEO, if required
Note: The role will be based from Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to London, as well as to other locations in Africa. The role can be based in London for 25-50% of the time for the right individual.