- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Mar 19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 September 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Investment Specialist to work closely with our investment teams across the spectrum of critical investment and business challenges. The Investment Specialist will work closely with the global team in Product Management, the Investment teams, the Global Relationship Management group and business professionals around the firm to position and represent our investment approaches for success in the marketplace, review and evaluate the integrity of our multi asset strategies and manage business issues associated with portfolios under coverage.
Specific activities may include:
- Developing and executing the agenda to move the products under coverage forward and strategically build a sustainable book of business in the Multi Asset space.
- Formulating, managing and measuring the performance of the Multi Asset funds and their overall strategy
- Creating business plans, marketing strategies and original investment content to differentiate the firm/investor and position these products/solutions in the marketplace
- Acting as an effective product representative of assigned product coverage and their respective portfolios and/or investment process with clients, prospects and consultants
- Driving, facilitating and influencing business decisions, such as those arising from operational complexity, fee negotiations, capacity limitations, investment guidelines, and the like
- Leveraging analytical tools to provide value-added analysis to improve the investment processes and conducting quarterly risk and attribution reviews with portfolio managers
- Making both quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the investment strategy both for competitive positioning and client consulting
- Where appropriate, tailoring investment styles to meet client specific needs/guidelines.
The Investment Specialist role requires deep demonstrated investment knowledge and a passion for all areas of investing, including Equities or Fixed Income. He/she must have deep market knowledge and compelling communication skills to conduct external and internal meetings across a range of audiences and market/product content. He/she must be intellectually curious, creative, proactive and solutions oriented. The ability to influence and be collaborative, inclusive and transparent while acting as a fiduciary on a wide range of business and investment integrity related issues is imperative.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Substantial (5-10 years) industry experience, with experience in investment management of a variety of asset classes, or similar related experience in both buy side and sell side firms
- Excellent communication skills both in Japanese and English (written and oral)
- Demonstrated business judgment skills and strong analytical skills
- Originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- An MBA and/or CFA/CMA or progress towards these designations is preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .