P&C Facultative Reinsurance Specialist
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry operating in more than 60 countries, with more than 400 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on ourGenerali is a major player in the global insurance industry operating in more than 60 countries, with more than 400 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
P&C Facultative Reinsurance is in charge of developing the Group technical guidelines to properly design and place facultative reinsurance, guaranteeing the efficient use of Group treaty reinsurance and avoid unnecessary cessions, monitoring the facultative purchase process and approval of special cases and properly managing Captives and fronting arrangements.
P&C Facultative Reinsurance specialist's main tasks are:
- Contribute in developing the Group P&C Reinsurance Guidelines and promote and supervise their implementation at Group Entity level
- Implement a robust process in order to guarantee the respect of the Guidelines
- Evaluate the Guidelines exemptions, providing promptly the Entities with instructions
- Monitor the P&C Group Facultative portfolio by means of dedicated Technical Meeting with the Group Entities
- Collect KPIs from the Group Entities by means of dedicated platforms and delivery periodical reports
- Assist the Group Entities in drafting best in class reinsurance wording
- Support the implementation of Group Reinsurance solutions by the development of new or extended Treaties and Facilities
- Within the Group Reinsurance model framework, examine treaty special acceptances
- In respect of facultative, guarantee a group coordinated approach to key reinsurers and reinsurance brokers
- University degree with strong academic performance preferably in Engineering or Economics;
- 5+ years? experience in the underwriting/reinsurance of corporate businesses;
- Proven analytical skills
- Applied knowledge of case underwriting and reinsurance principles and portfolio management;
- Good knowledge of the international reinsurance market;
- Good writing skills with experience in developing policies and procedures.
- Detail oriented approach;
- Professional commitment, ability to analyze problems and propose solutions with a strong aptitude to plan and execute middle/long term projects, monitoring achievements and meeting established deadlines;
- Flexibility, ability to easily manage at the same time different projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to create collaborative business relationships and to effectively negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to play the role proactively and fairly, constantly sharing knowledge and expertise with the team members, inspiring accountability by displaying integrity and a solid sense of commitment.