Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million. The Group Risk Capital Calculation and Reporting (GRCCR) area is focused on the development, maintenance and run of the capital systems, in order to satisfy the needs of Group Risk Management users, Country users and any other stakeholder within the Group, as well as the management of all the processes to support the regulatory activities like scope extension and on-cycle model changes.
To accomplish this task, the area is split in three main streams: Governance, Tools and Planning & Execution, the last of which is granting the delivery of Group Risk Capital Calculations under the Standard Formula and Internal Model approaches to Group and Local Risk Management Teams (Delivery of Calculations - Execution / Tools / Training / Manuals), IVASS (Istituto per la vigilanza sulle assicurazioni), CCR (Comitato Controllo e Rischi)/BoD (Board of Directors).
We are looking for a specialist in the Planning & Execution Team of the Group Risk Capital Calculation and Reporting area. The GRCCR Planning & Execution specialist will support the Senior Employee responsible to run of the capital systems and coordinate the calculation execution activities. S/He will support the manager in operating, maintaining and evolving the Internal Model and Standard Formula Calculation executions and operational procedures, as well as in ensuring proper on time delivery of calculation input and reports. The GRCCR Planning & Execution specialist will perform complex activities ranging from systems configuration, exposure to the underlying Calculation Methodology, interactions with Group and Local Risk Management Units for calculations planning and support.
In particular, the GRCCR Planning & Execution specialist will support the Senior Employee within main tasks related to GRCCR Planning & Execution processes which comprise:
- Risk Capital Calculation Operations
- Receiving high level calculation requests
- Translating between high level calculation requests and detailed modeling/technical requirements, and vice versa
- Set up and configuration of the different applications in production for the calculation of the Group's risk capital
- Planning calculations execution
- Coordinating the data collection for the calculations and triggering the calculation
- Assistance to users in the use of production systems
- Improvement of data collection processes and planning of risk capital calculation runs
- Interact with various counterparts, external and internal, in case of Incident Management and Problem Determination
- Cooperating with Tools Development Team
- Support in collecting the operational requirements for GRCCR tools in order to strengthen and rationalize the applications and quality checks to ease operations.
- Support in Operational testing of GRCCR Tools
- Review of the documents of functional and non-functional requirements of the evolution of risk capital calculation systems
S/He will also interact with the Key GRCCR Planning & Execution counterparts:
- Process/Tools Documentation
- Support in delivering Operating Manuals on GRCCR tools and Risk Capital Calculation Processes
- Continuous application training and support, providing documentation for the training sessions
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements: Must have
- Group and Local Risk Management Teams
- External applications providers and consultants
Nice to have
- Degree in science subject with strong mathematical background;
- Communication skills, verbal and in writing;
- Interpersonal/relationship building skills;
- English fluent, verbal and writing.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in the risk area of FSS firms, preferable in insurance, with Risk Management process;
- Italian language skills;
- Possess knowledge of Insurance and Financial business processes, and industry best practices and regulatory requirements for risk management, with particular focus on Solvency II regime;
- Additional European foreign language(s) such as French, German, Spanish.
- Ability to learn and on-board quickly on complex technical and procedural aspects;
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Facilitation/training skills;
- Experience with international working environment;
- Relationship management skills;
- Structured and solution oriented.