Retail System Support
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Temporary, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 15 Jan 19
JOB PURPOSE The Retail System Support Analyst will provide technical and project support to retailers and hotels to merchants requiring assistance with Front-end solutions. The POS Support Team deal with any technical issues that arise in our Front-end solutions.. This position is expected to work closely with Merchant Support and Sales to ensure merchants and tourists receive a quality experience in VAT Refunding and DCC operation. The POS Support Team will continually strive towards delivering consistent service levels and exceed customer expectations.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Acting as 1st line support for all incidents relating to point of sale. Carrying out initial diagnosis and resolving where possible; back office investigation where required and escalating when necessary at all times keeping customers appraised of status and progress.
- Analyse customer problems and formulate plans of resolution.
- Monitor and report on quantity of merchant queries as well as quality of response, including telephone and e-mail queries.
- Acquire an expert technical knowledge of products, applications and processes in order to deal with all technical queries.
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders through liaising and resolving problems on ongoing issues.
- This position will involve on call telephone support [out of hours remote phone support].
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Be fully familiar and understand authority level and ultimate accountability of this role.
- Performance Management: Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in a Customer facing role
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Full Italian driving licence
- Basic knowledge of network infrastructure (IP/PSTN/GPRS)
- Experience of PC , tablet , web applications (PDQ break/fix processes a plus)
- A “common sense” approach
- Good Microsoft Office and Windows operating system experience
- Ability to work alone
- Must be polite, well-spoken and articulate.
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must be able to verbally communicate well and enjoy delivering basic process and equipment training to non-users.
- Ability to understand a working environment with in a fast growing global company
- Proven time management with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Must be able to travel to Italian customer sites.