MEMBER OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS - COMMEX SRI LANKA S.R.L.
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Contract, Part time
- Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC
- 16 Jan 19
Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L., is a fully owned subsidiary of Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC, (CBC) incorporated and registered in Italy under the supervision of the Bank of Italy, engaged in money transfer operations since March 2016. Commercial Bank is one of the first Sri Lankan Banks to establish money transfer facilities in Italy. We invite applications from candidates who are confident of meeting our expectations as member of Board of Directors of Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L. Position would be on a part time responsibility on a one-year contract, renewable at the discretion of the Board/the Shareholder (CBC).
As a member of the Board of Directors of Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L., you will be responsible for the coordination and management of matters related to anti-money laundering (AML) , counter terrorist financing (CTF) and sanctions/embargoes.
Job Profile / Main Responsibilities
- Staying abreast of Italian, European and international regulations relating to aspects of anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF). Analyzing and transposing the rules to the local branch and ensuring consistent application of same at the company on all agents/partners.
- Being able to read and interpret Italian, European and international legislation and regulations.
- Ensuring the adherence to all BOI and other regulatory provisions in EU.
- Providing guidance and interpretations of all regulatory aspects in Italy to the Board of Directors and the Management of Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L.
- Coordination with all the regulator authorities in Italy representing the company.
- Working with internal and external auditors.
- Managing legal and reputational risks in accordance with Italian law and shareholder policy.
- Coordinating different working groups relating to compliance in Italy.
- Advising all agents/partners in Italy on compliance related regulations
- Ensuring all IT systems/software and infrastructure are in compliance with Italian regulations
- Advice the Board on all aspects relating to strategy, sustainability and profitability of the organization.
- Interacting with Italian supervisory authorities (Bank of Italy, UIF, Consob).
- Should be an Italian national with the knowledge of Italian Regulations.
- Possess a Degree in Law or Economics from a recognized University. Having a professional qualification in Compliance Management would be an added advantage.
- A proven track record in a similar position with minimum 5 years’ of experience in a Financial Institution.
- Experience in the field of anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and compliance regulations. Knowledge on the GDPR regulations would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of Italian and English languages both written and spoken. Command of French language would be considered favourably.
- A good team player who possesses sound analytical skills and critical thinking skills with sense of proportionality.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with latest technologies would be an advantage.
- Leadership competencies that outline abilities, characteristics and behaviour needed to meet the challenges in the Business.
The successful candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, including fringe benefits commensurate with benchmarked financial institutions.