Director - Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L.
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Permanent, Full time
- Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC
- 18 Oct 18
Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L.., is a fully owned subsidiary of Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC (CBC), incorporated and registered in Italy under the supervision of the Bank of Italy since March 2016. Commercial Bank is one of the first Sri Lankan Banks to establish money transfer facilities in Italy. Further its operations encompass in Bangladesh, Maldives and Myanmar. With the strong backing of CBC, the company proposes to expand and diversify its activities within Italy, we invite applications from candidates who are confident of meeting our expectations as a member of the Board of Directors – Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L.
As a member of the Board of Directors of Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L., you will be responsible for the coordination and management of matters related to anti-money laundering (AML) , counter terrorist financing (CTF) and compliance.
Job Profile / Main Responsibilities
- Staying abreast of Italian, European and international regulations relating to aspects of anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF). Analysing and transposing the rules to the local branch and ensuring are applied consistently at the company and all agents’ level.
- Being able to read and interpret Italian, European and international legislation and regulations.
- Providing new solutions and interpretations of Italian compliance through a risk-based approach.
- Analysing, evaluating and developing control measures and putting them into practice.
- Working with internal and external auditors.
- Managing legal and reputational risks in accordance with Italian law and shareholder policy.
- Coordinating different working groups, committees and cross-departmental projects relating to compliance in Italy.
- Continuously reviewing Italian account-opening applications and checking compliance with Italian regulations.
- Interacting with Italian supervisory authorities (Bank of Italy, UIF, Consob).
- Ensuring information is shared with the Compliance team in Sri Lanka.
- Should be an Italian national with the knowledge of Italian Regulations.
- Possess a Degree in Law or Economics from a recognized University. Having a professional qualification in Compliance Management would be an added advantage.
- A proven track record in a similar position with minimum 5 years’ of experience in a “Money Transfer Company” or in a Banking sector.
- Experience in the field of anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and compliance regulations. Knowledge on the GDPR regulations would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of Italian and English languages both written and spoken. Command of French language would be considered favourably.
- A good team player who possesses sound analytical skill and critical thinking with sense of proportionality.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with latest technologies would be an advantage.
- Leadership competencies that outline abilities, characteristics and behaviour needed to meet the challenges in the Business.
The successful candidate will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, including fringe benefits commensurate with benchmarked financial institutions.
Deputy General Manager – HRM
COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC
No. 21, Sir Razik Fareed Mawatha, Colombo 01
Web site : www.combank.lk