Controller / Accounting Manager
- 45-50K per annum (RAL)
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jan 19
Following its acquisition by an international Group based in northern Europe, this Italian company (that includes four legal entities) is seeking a Controller/Accounting Manager to help implement and carry out Group financial reporting, financial accounting as well as KPI analysis of the Italian operations. The Italian company currently has two internal accounting staff and is also supported by external accountants in certain statutory tax and reporting matters. The position will report to the COO of the Italian operations and functionally to the financial team in the Group’s headquarters.
Based in Rome, you will be responsible for overseeing the finance function within the Italian entities, currently with total revenues of some €10 million but with ambitions to grow further. You will be a part a Group specialized in media localization with operations around the Globe with strong growth ambitions backed by Private Equity owners based in Europe and the United States.
- Manages and monitors the complete accounting close in country from journal entry through preparation of account analysis and financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring proper financial controls, methods and efficiencies are in place.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures reporting and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are properly accounted for, and reports are prepared and analyzed on a timely basis.
- Analyses financial records and reports ensuring they are in accordance with corporate policies, Italian and International (IFRS) accounting principles.
- Manage audits with public accounting firm and tax requirements with external accountant e.g. income tax, VAT, payroll tax.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed, including in support of management decision making.
- Manage 2 accounting staff in Rome and be accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Develops action plans and processes, in coordination with the management team, for integrating activities and optimizing department resources.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Finance and Accounting or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting in general as well as experience in consolidating multiple entities in particular
- Exposure to working within a multinational group
- Understanding of tax and statutory reporting requirements
- Good MS Office knowledge, especially Excel
- Good analytical skills, detail and results oriented
- High integrity, transparency, authority, confidence.
- Excellent English language skills beyond Italian fluency