AML Officer / Internal Auditor / Risk & Compliance Officer
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Contract, Part time
- Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC
- 16 Jan 19
Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L., is a fully owned subsidiary of Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC, incorporated and registered in Italy under the supervision of the Bank of Italy, engaged in money transfer operations since March 2016. Commercial Bank is one of the first Sri Lankan Banks to establish money transfer facilities in Italy. We invite applications from candidates who are confident of meeting our expectations to fill positions as Anti-Money Laundering Officer, Internal Auditor and Risk and Compliance Officer. All the positions would be on a part time responsibility on a one-year contract, renewable at the discretion of the Bank.
POST OF ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING OFFICER
- Staying abreast of Italian, European and international regulations relating to aspects of anti-money laundering (AML), counter terrorist financing (CFT) and sanctions/embargoes. Analyzing and transposing the rules to the local branch and ensuring consistent application of same at the company and on all agents/partners.
- Working with internal and external auditors
- Coordinating differently working groups relating to compliance in Italy
- Ensuring periodic reporting, information sharing in respect of compliance with the Board of Directors and Management of Commex Sri Lanka S.R.L.
- Preparation of the AML strategy, policy, structure and reporting as required by Bank of Italy and other relevant authorities in Italy.
POST OF INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Staying abreast of Italian, European and international regulations applicable to financial institutions/intermediaries and money transfer services.
- Implementation of sound and effective internal control system in accordance with all Italian regulations.
- Conducting regular internal audits with the suggestions for improvements and reporting to the Board regularly.
- Making sure through internal Audit procedure the compliance of all IT systems/software and infrastructure in accordance with Italian regulations
- Proper coordination and communication with external auditors, board of auditors and the Board of Directors regarding all internal audit and control matters of the company
POST OF RISK & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
- Staying abreast of Italian, European and international regulations relating to aspects of anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CFT). Analyzing and transposing the rules to the local branch and ensuring consistent application of same at the company and on all agents/partners.
- Being able to read and interpret Italian, European and international legislation and regulations.
- Coordinating different working groups relating to compliance in Italy.
- Establish, implement, manage and continuously review the Risk Management Framework and related policies of the organization.
- Lead the risk assessment process which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating all types of risks affecting the business.
- Initiate the formal risk mitigation process of identifying, prioritizing, evaluating and implementing risk reduction controls.
- Risk reporting in appropriate ways; to the Board and Management so that they understand the most significant risks to provide clear guidance and direction on risks, to risk owners and business units to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business.
- Evaluates the Operational Risks involved in system changes, major projects and in introducing new software and IT infrastructure and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Monitors the external, environment, particularly that affecting the remittance business to identify possible regulations/ legal/ business/ industry changes or emerging risk issues that could impact the organization, bringing material risks to the attention of Board of Directors and Management.
Responsibilities in common for above positions are as follows;
- Providing new solutions and interpretations of Italian compliance through a risk-based approach.
- Analyzing, evaluating and developing control measures and putting them into practice.
- Managing legal and reputational risks in accordance with Italian law
- Continuously reviewing Italian customer on boarding applications in compliance with Italian regulations.
- Interacting with Italian supervisory authorities (Bank of Italy, UIF, Consob).
- Should be an Italian national with the knowledge of Italian Regulations.
- Possess a Degree in Law / Economics / Finance / Accounting from a recognized University. Having a professional qualification in Compliance Management would be an added advantage.
- A proven track record in a similar position with minimum 5 years’ of experience in a “Money Transfer Company” or in the Banking/ Financial sector.
- Experience in the field of anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and compliance regulations. Knowledge on the GDPR regulations would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of Italian and English languages both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with latest technologies would be an advantage.
- A good team player who possesses sound analytical skills and critical thinking skills with sense of proportionality.