EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Technical Consultant
to join our team in Milan, Lombardia, Italy
- Milan, Lombardia, Italy
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 17 Feb 18
FIS Energy & Commodities
Competitive Salary and Benefits
FIS Energy is a business unit which provides Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) solutions for our clients - from utilities, power plant owners, pipeline operators and banks. As Consultants we support our clients getting the best value from the software - this includes configuration and integrating with their existing software landscape via custom interfaces, which is our focus in the Technical team.
Working with a range of clients means our consultants develop a wide range of skills and knowledge - Energy domain knowledge, Technical skills, Aligne product skills and Consulting skills.
The European team is based between London, Frankfurt and Milan, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing Italian hub. Working in client locations across Europe means the different teams are well-integrated and the team is supportive and fun.
The Company have a successful and sustained track record of growth, to ensure this continues, FIS are now seeking a Technical Consultant. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your expertise and skills within a growing company.
Technical Consultants within FIS Energy are candidates will gain experiences of designing, building and testing integrated integration solutions required for Front Office, Middle Office Back Office and Operations. The successful candidate will have a solid base of technical skills (Java/SQL) and experience of implementing integrated solutions. They will also have experience of working within a project lifecycle, having strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex ad technical concepts clearly and concisely.
Flexibility and European travel is essential for this role.
- Experienced in implementing Integrated Solution
- Experience of and Understanding of the project life cycle
- Experience of work with implementing Software (preferably Aligne)
- Experience working with n-tier solutions
- Ability to define and rationalise client requirements
- Experienced in Java & SQL
- Experience in design & building solution
- Experience in following best practice processes
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- Self-Motivated and Driven Individual
- Capable of working well on their own or with a team.
- Degree educated
- English Speaker
- Experience in Weblog/JBoss/Jetty Server
- Experience in Groovy and/or VBA
- Experience in the Energy Market Industry
- Experience in Business Analysis and using Business Analysis techniques
- A Passion for Technology
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.