Senior Analyst Treasury Middle Office & Market Risk Analytics - Group Strategic Risk Management - Group Risk
- QAR Excellent tax free QAR
- Milan, Lombardia, Italy Milan Lombardia IT
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
The role reports into Head of Treasury Middle Office & Market Risk Analytics (TMO) and is intended to provide support for all Treasury Middle Office (TMO) processes and reporting. The individual will have a strong technical understanding of the control of Market Risk. He will assess the completeness of the control framework and will define / refine the department’s processes to ensure all relevant risks are adequately monitored and controlled. He will provide TMO analysis and reporting accompanied by commentary, ensuring that risks are clearly explained to a non-technical audience. T
Position: Senior Analyst Treasury Middle Office & Market Risk Analytics
Entity: Group Strategic Risk Management- Group Risk
Location: Doha, Qatar
About us: We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
The role reports into Head of Treasury Middle Office & Market Risk Analytics (TMO) and is intended to provide support for all Treasury Middle Office (TMO) processes and reporting. The individual will have a strong technical understanding of the control of Market Risk. He will assess the completeness of the control framework and will define / refine the department’s processes to ensure all relevant risks are adequately monitored and controlled. He will provide TMO analysis and reporting accompanied by commentary, ensuring that risks are clearly explained to a non-technical audience. The senior analyst will also provide support for the following: a) Support definition, development and implementation of ALM Market Risk measurement tools, systems, processes, and reporting across the Group. b) Support normal operations of Treasury Middle Office. Provide cover for all TMO and Liquidity processes. To ensure familiarity with these processes a regular rotation of core processes will be undertaken. The incumbent is expected to help manage and critically appraise these processes, proposing improvements in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. c) Generate analysis and evaluations of market conditions, emerging risk trends and methods for relevant hedging. Ensure the risks implicit in the Trading book do not exceed the risk appetite of the Bank. d) Provide expert input into the calculation of Economic Capital and Risk Strategy development, ensuring alignment to the overall Group Business Strategy; e) Define and drive improvements in the effective operation of data management, MIS, analytics evaluations, and other support required for ALCO and Group Risk Committee; f) Perform regular stress and scenario testing, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s risk appetite. Publish results and their interpretation to ALCO. g) Conduct annual Treasury / Market Risk model risk assessments. Provide back testing results of VaR models as part of monthly reporting and evaluate results. Recalibrate models as necessary. h) Support the Department Head and overall function in all Group Risk Projects, & initiatives; i) coordinate with other unit functions as well as other relevant departments to develop and implement risk policies and processes benchmarked with best industry practice and in line with regulatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and control of the fundamental prudential risks of the bank: counterparty, leverage, liquidity, interest rate, currency, and other market risks.
- Provide support to the Senior Management in understanding the current risk exposures of the bank and the implications of future risk strategy, including strategy for capital and liquidity management with due consideration to the macroeconomic and financial environment.
- Advise and assist the Head of Group ALM, Liquidity & Market Risk to enable the Bank to move to more sophisticated/ advanced methods for calculation / measurement of market risk and capital.
- Monitor and analyze market & economic conditions and develop recommendations on adequate and timely mitigating actions / recommendations to reduce, diversify, shifting of these risks.
- Calculate the regulatory capital requirement of Market Risk and provide input, support and expert advice in the process of managing market risk regulatory capital (including ICAAP) and regulatory liquidity measures (including LCR and NSFR ratios).
- Within the context of rigorous stress testing and scenario analysis, understand and advise the circumstances under which the bank’s profitability would be negatively impacted and provide the level of risk mitigation that is built in and the actions that would be taken in such circumstances.
- Assess the impact of regulatory changes pertaining to risk on the Group’s portfolio risk profiles.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with other related departments and units to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Support the department head to provide timely and accurate risk information to Risk & Management Committees, external & internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Provide expert advice with respect to market risk / liquidity / ALM / portfolio risks associated with new product launches (retail, corporate, treasury for conventional and Islamic banking).
- Relative to Market Risk Portfolio, ALM & Liquidity Risk Management;
- Monitor compliance with Market Risk limits. Provide commentary explaining significant exposure / ratio/ VaR movements and communicate analysis to the Head of Market Risk.
- Manage & coordinate on on-going basis, all TMO periodic and ad hoc reports for Group’s trading book and Banking Book. Improve the content and presentation of all reports produced and develop a Market Risk dashboard, providing senior management with a single page view of all key Market Risk statistics.
- Develop the Bank’s capabilities for monitoring risk Group wide. Refine the process by which individual entity and Group limits are monitored.
- Support development and implementation of systems (as per Risk Architecture Plan) to ensure proactive Treasury Middle Office function. Ensure valuations adhere to market best practice and are subject to regular price testing.
- Support development of Portfolio and Market Risk measurement processes appropriate to the needs of the Bank.
- Assist in implementing risk policy & controls that ensure transactions are carried out in accordance with approved policies/ limits and in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist in developing qualitative assessments on the level of risks assumed and measured through empirical techniques and other appropriate tools, and recommend corrective actions to mitigate such risks.
- Support the Bank’s preparation for adopting advanced market risk regulatory capital approaches.
- Portfolio Management: Draw on banking knowledge, model building capabilities and technical skills to provide technical and practical support to the modelling of portfolio (credit) exposures.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Adequate hands knowledge market risk management practices including but not limited to pertinent Basel II & Basel III Framework on credit risk management and capital adequacy requirements.
- Support in managing meetings with different business units to better assess the risks of the Market Risk / Treasury Portfolios.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Has the ability to run with developed plans and schedules and ensure execution of technical assignments allocated / assigned.
- A strong team contributor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters degree preferably in finance, economics &/or quantitative subjects.
- Prefer Treasury market Specialization & / or Professional certification such as FRM, CPA, CFA.
- 8+ years of experience in international banking with specific focus on ALM, Market Risk and Liquidity Risk Analytics/Quantitative Methods.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Understanding of risk methodologies, interest rate modelling, VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling.
- Ability to work on targeted schedules and disciplined approach to follow reporting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequate knowledge of IT systems/ applications.
- Good grasp on basic & intermediary risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements, including related best practices.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.