Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Insurance Asset Management SGR is the Asset Management Company of Generali Group, leveraging the experience and know-how it has developed through managing the assets of the insurance companies of the Generali Group and pension funds, GIAM offers a track record of solid performance in Liability Driven Investment (LDI) solutions for insurance and pension funds portfolios, as well as a series of proprietary analysis tools developed to support LDI management.
Within Generali Insurance Asset Management SGR the Risk Management ensures continuous monitoring of the most significant risks and is devoted to guarantee effective risk control.
The successful candidate will perform del following activities:
- Defining rules and criteria to evaluate different type of financial instruments held by portfolios under management;
- Perform regular controls on the reliability of the rules defined;
- Analyze financial risks related to investments especially on real asset and illiquid alternative assets (Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure and Private Debt);
- Draft ex ante risk assessment for investments especially in real and illiquid alternative assets;
- Analyze and develop methodologies to map and monitor specific financial risk mainly related to credit risk, liquidity risk and counterparty risk
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University education in Economic and Finance area;
- Previous work experience of at least five years in structuring, pricing or trading activity on cross-asset financial instruments;
- Strong knowledge on alternative illiquid assets with a special focus on infrastructure and Private Debt sector;
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and statistical models and methodologies to price, among others, alternative illiquid assets;
- Fluent English;
- Knowledge and expertise of tools and software such as: Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Matlab, VBA and main statistical and software tools for finance;
- Well-developed organizational skills, flexibility, ability to deal with different departments within the organizational framework;
- Availability for frequent business trips;
- A strong team orientation, strong communication and creative-thinking skills;
- Focused on continuous improvement, quality and delivery.