Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
The Group Private Equity is the Head Office Department in charge of running the Private Equity ("PE") investments at centralized Group level, including direction, supervision, coordination and control on all Group PE investments. The Generali Group PE investments are performed globally, with an allocation plan in rapid growth.
Group Private Equity Department is composed of 2 Units:
· Group Private Equity Portfolio Construction;
· Group Private Equity Portfolio Management.
The Group Private Equity Portfolio Construction is in charge of ensuring an active screening of the PE market globally and performing business and financial due diligence on new investments at centralized Group level.
The successful candidate will support the Group Private Equity Portfolio Construction Team in:
· Screening of the global PE market;
· Business & financial due diligence on new PE investments (fund commitments and co-investments).
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering;
· 1 or 2 years of experience in corporate finance, private equity, and/or consulting.
· Financial modelling and analytical skills;
· Proactive and strong team working oriented;
· Problem solving attitude and flexibility on priority dynamics;
· International mindset, independently of previous personal experience;
· Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) is also a prerequisite;
· Fluency in English, written and spoken, is a requisite. Knowledge of other languages would be a plus.