Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued growth of our business in Italy, we are currently seeking to recruit a Portfolio Advisor to join our Global Wealth Management (GWM) team. The position is based in Milan.
Portfolio Advisors play a critical role in the delivery of investment content to our Financial Intermediary clients, in particular Financial Advisors and Private Bankers. Recognising the limited availability of Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Advisors are responsible for effectively representing both Wellington Management as an organisation, and select investment strategies, in a knowledgeable, succinct, and client-friendly manner. The successful candidate will need to have broad investment knowledge and be capable of bringing the breadth of Wellington's investment expertise and views to distributors. In doing so, he/she will contribute significantly to our asset raising and business retention capabilities in the Italian retail market. Portfolio Advisors serve as Wellington Management funds experts and are responsible for the day-to-day management of distribution networks.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Presenting on a broad array of investment topics, including Equities, Fixed Income and Multi Assets. In addition, the Portfolio Advisor will need to present credibly on broad macro-economic topics, and thematic investment themes.
- Drive flows into recommended strategies by being a key investment representative for a varied list of constituents at our clients, in particular Financial Advisors and Private Bankers.
- Working with distributors and clients in Italy on the messaging and positioning of Wellington managed investment strategies.
- Working closely with Portfolio Management and Product Management teams across the firm (including in the US and Asia) to ensure an appropriate level of collaboration and coordination.
- Proactively leading product roadshows for clients, client-directed conferences, and in-house training sessions and be the key contact for follow-ups or queries from the distribution network
The successful candidate is likely to have a strong academic background - an undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA) or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA) would be viewed favorably. 10+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally gained in similar Portfolio Advisor/Product Specialist/Retail Sales roles at other Buy side organisations, and/or within a Private Bank/Distributor. Experience of working with Financial Intermediary clients (knowledge of local distributors) is strongly preferred. Experience representing investment strategies across multiple asset classes would be highly advantageous, as would European language skills (fluency in Italian and English is required). In addition, a high degree of competence will need to be demonstrated in the following areas:
- Be able to establish effective, trust-based relationships with distributors and clients.
- Be able to establish effective working relationships internally, ensuring all interested parties are appropriately informed of, and involved in, client-related matters.
- Have a team-orientation, and a willingness to 'pitch in' when necessary.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Have excellent presentation skills, and gravitas.
- Act as a thought partner to distributors and clients and be able to guide them through Wellington's product offerings.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of capital market theory and practice, and the ability to learn about individual investment products (investment philosophy, investment process, strategy, characteristics).
- Be able to represent the investment views of the firm in both informal and formal settings and stand in for Portfolio Managers and other members of the investment process as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate client needs, issues, and concerns on investment topics.
Teamwork and activity levels:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Be able to engage with internal stakeholders appropriately.
- Take direction, as appropriate, regarding the prioritisation of investment strategies and the support required.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- Display high activity levels with distributors and clients.
- Play a key role in product development discussions.
Portfolio Advisor LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .