Marketing Analyst (Italy)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The Position
The Marketing Analyst for Italy will be based in Milan and will report to the Marketing Strategist for Southern Europe. The successful candidate is expected to bring strong marketing experience within the Italian region, ideally from a top tier investment firm.
The role is part of the EMEA Channel Marketing Team & will partner with a number of functions across the broader EMEA Marketing Team including Events, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Editorial, Design, as well as with internal stakeholders across the wider business and external vendors. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of marketing activities in Italy, targeting a wealth audience, and will partner with the Southern Europe Marketing Strategist to plan, communicate, project manage & activate the marketing strategy for each channel.
This role requires the ability to establish very strong working relationships across functions and geographies, including close working partnerships with the Channel Marketing team across EMEA, including UK, DACH & Northern Europe. Responsibilities
- The candidate will work on marketing strategy execution, primarily supporting the Italian channel marketing activities in conjunction with the Marketing Strategist for Southern Europe and the Italian client group team.
- The candidate will work closely with the Marketing Strategist for Southern Europe and other marketers in the EMEA marketing team to implement the strategies across literature, multi-media, web, social media and client communications.
- The candidate will assist with the implementation of leading-edge marketing activities to all advisory clients, including mainly FAs, private banking networks, fund selectors and distribution platforms.
- The candidate will be also responsible for overseeing the corporate content for the Italian website.
- Key channels supported include financial advisers, fund selectors, bank and platforms.
- Strategy - Partner with primarily the EMEA Marketing team to implement and execute marketing strategy in Italy.
- Brand - Support on the corporate rebrand launched in the market.
- Events - Support developing and executing event activity across 3rd party, sponsorships and proprietary.
- Website - Help maintain and further enhance local Italian language website thereby driving content updates, monitoring the accuracy and relevance of contents on both websites, choosing and overseeing the translations in local language of relevant thought leadership pieces.
- Content development - Craft localized messaging to position strategies/funds in the local markets and relative to competitors including a focus on key marketing collateral (Fund Profiles, brochures, sales ideas) as well as other mediums (events, video, digital, print, PR, newsletter), as well as adapting and existing marketing literature for use in Italy, working closely with the EMEA compliance team to ensure full respect of local regulations.
- Translations - Liaise with translation agencies and review translations into Italian of thoughts leaderships, videos, blog contents and press releases.
- Ad Hoc Projects - Support various ad hoc marketing projects and initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that collaborates with many different business units across the firm. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Relevant investment management marketing experience, with a solid understanding of the investment management industry and the Italian intermediary channels - financial advisors, local distribution partners, fund selectors, as well as the institutional channels
- Languages: Italian mother tongue, fluent in English.
- Knowledge of the Italian distribution landscape and competitors
- Keep abreast of local and European key regulations to ensure Wellington Management complies with them
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent written / editing and oral communication skills
- Outstanding project management, time management
- Analytical and comfortable working with and interpreting numbers and data
- Reliable, results-oriented and highly motivated
- Strong team member in an international environment, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient, resourceful and able to work independently if needed
- Professional, articulate and creative with a positive attitude
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across Portfolio Managers, Compliance, Senior Management etc.
- Educated to Degree Level
- Marketing qualifications beneficial
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .