Fixed Income & Currency Trader
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
The Trading Desk, within the Investment Department of Generali Insurance Asset Management (GIAM) is responsible for the execution activity on all the asset classes performed by GIAM and GIP.
The ideal candidate will have proven trading execution skills and strong market knowledge. The position will be based in Italy. The trader will work closely with the portfolio managers and will be involved in trading Fixed Income and Currency instruments (cash and derivative ones).
- Execution orders on Fixed Income & Currency both cash and derivative transactions with a great focus on the credit side (both cash and derivatives);
- Builds strong relationship with Portfolio Manager regarding executions;
- Evaluates market condition and information to obtain the best conditions for the clients;
- Manages counterpart selection according to risk exposure for OTC derivatives;
- Interaction with Middle/Back-Office to settle trades made on the market;
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, proper record keeping and conformance to regulations (constantly monitoring any relevant change);
- Produces reports to management about volumes, counterparties and transaction cost;
- Design, develop and maintain analytic tools;
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Graduate in Economic, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Post-Graduate instruction desirable (master in Finance, CFA, etc.)
- Candidates will have at least 5/7 years trading experience in Bonds, FX and related Derivatives instruments with a strong preference for the corporate bonds market
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent with financial info providers (e.g. Bloomberg) and trading platforms (TW, BV,TSOX, FXAll, etc)
- Good programming skills in Excel, VBA, Access/ SQL database
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Knowledge of derivatives instruments and structured bonds
- Strong team player, responsible and dependable
- Needs to be curious, quick, flexible and responsive with a keen eye for details
- Ability to formulate and solve problems, independent thinking and entrepreneurship
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English written and spoken (others is a plus)
- Availability to travel