Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Business/Operational Audit Manager - Assistant Vice President, who will be an independent advisor, advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes. In this role you will be a subject matter specialist and internal controls experts, providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas. You will be a problem solving partner, looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
The role will be based out in Milan, in Italy. As a State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI) Corporate Audit team member, you will be assigned to audit projects related to the SSBI headquarters and its branches including, not limited to, the SSBI Italy branch.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business/Operational Auditor, Assistant Vice President you will:
What we value
- Plan and/ or execute audits according to a risk based methodology in line with Division and Industry Standards.
- Supervise and direct the execution of risk and control assessments, along with effective and efficient testing of key controls.
- Review documentation of audit work and conclusion of audit tests results and overall effectiveness of controls.
- Draft audit reports in accordance with Division standards to clearly communicate key risks and core audit issues.
- Work in partnership with business area management to communicate expectations and manage any project issues that may arise throughout the audit.
- Escalate audit issues to senior management and interact with business line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships within the business and supporting IT organizations and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Contribute to change initiatives by participation in system and business process change initiatives with strategic corporate significance by providing input on operational and technological risk issues.
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations.
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit.
- Thorough knowledge of Italian and European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Italian and English - written and spoken.
- University degree in economics, statistics, business administration or related field.
- Professional audit certifications preferred; a CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus.
- 5+ years Audit experience and/or compliance/risk management in the financial industry, specific experience in either auditing custody, fund administration, depositary, transfer agent and international audit experience and/or related experience managing complex audit operations will be an advantage.
Travel up to 20% may be required.
What we offer
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Flexible working time
- Work from home days might be possible depending on the role
- 37,5 working hours per week
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers