Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The Houlihan Lokey Corporate Finance business has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, engineering and executing financing solutions, and other related advisory services for a broad range of clients.
As trusted advisors, our industry-specific investment banking groups provide us with a deep understanding of our client’s business and positioning before we are even engaged in a transaction. Combined with this market penetration is our international presence throughout Europe, the Middle East, the United States, and the Asia-Pacific region. In Europe, we work with a wide spectrum of companies, from mid-market privately owned enterprises to large multinational organizations. With a growing European platform with 175 Corporate Finance bankers, offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, and Paris along with global reach and in-depth knowledge across a broad range of industries, we have the breadth and targeted expertise that leads to best-in-class client results.
As an Intern in the Corporate Finance group you will work on a variety of transactions, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- private placements of debt and equity
- leveraged buyouts
- You will work with a highly talented and dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today.
- You will research and analyse financial statements, general economic conditions, industry specific conditions and trends, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately owned companies.
Houlihan Lokey provides a collegial, entrepreneurial work environment. We reward our interns with substantial responsibilities, interaction with senior-level professionals, and live engagements. Interns will often support deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate and analyst.
- Strong quantitative skills and study in accounting and finance are preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English
- A demonstrated interest / experience in M&A would be a plus
- An understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications is important, as are strong financial and computer skills
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff are required
- Most important, we seek to attract dedicated, team-oriented candidates, either in their penultimate or last year of study, with a deep desire to win, a strong work ethic and a willingness to work hard to achieve the highest standards of performance
Houlihan Lokey is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)