- Competitive + Benefits
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 02 May 19
Planet are looking for a dynamic and highly talented individual with innovative mind-set to play a senior technical role within an enthusiastic development team. The candidate will take ownership of a key financial product on our .NET platforms based at airports globally. You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill set in many advanced areas of knowledge. We create exciting applications across multiple platforms supporting a high performance real-time transaction system.
You will be working on enhancing our Tax Free platforms as we transition our solutions to the cloud
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Ideally, you’ll have several years of full-stack development – front end, middleware, back end and database (SQL Server).
You will be an experienced software developer, having worked in multiple-cultural teams of developers delivering world class solutions to the marketplace.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will have lead quality initiatives as well as engaged in projects for improving platform health as well as process improvement initiatives.
You will have mentored junior developers both on-site and at other locations.
You will have managed the backlog as well as have taken role of scrum master from time to time (through JIRA or TFS) within your team.
You will have some team lead experience with the ability to motivate the colleagues within your team.
- 5 years+ of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the Azure platform and various authentication technologies
- Ability to apply both cloud and OO design patterns to your deliverables.
- Knowledgeable in .Net Frameworks 2.0 and 4.5/4.6, Entity framework, WCF experience
- Good SQL knowledge with experience of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of SSRS and reporting mechanisms
- Good knowledge of web services, API interaction, REST principles and practice
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design principles
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and Angular
- Experience with Source Control Tools, Automated build, TFS, Git, Jira
- Writing technical documentation.
- Agile development experience (SCRUM) with the ability to manage in sprint tasks
- Security awareness and detailed knowledge of OWASP, CORS
- Ability to engage directly with customer through support
- A motivated self-starter who follows best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up and learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Eagerness to explore and apply new technologies
- Actively participate in design reviews and discussions.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company
- Great analytical and coding skills
- Smart, creative & energetic