Senior Operations Analyst - Funds & Life Operations
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Mediolanum Asset Management Limited (MAML)
- 25 Mar 19
Operations serves as a control point between the Front Office (Investment and Trading Teams) and the External Counterparties (Brokers, Issuers). The primary purpose is to verify that the trade data coming from the Front Office corresponds with information being sent by the Counterparty. The work is varied and structured in 2/3-hour blocks of tasks and broad exposure across the Operations, Investment and Trading department.
Extended knowledge and experience of the trade- and settlement lifecycle is key. The role requires a strong understanding of all asset classes including Exchange Traded Derivatives and OTC, from trade booking, reconciliation through to settlement. The candidate must be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines but maintain the very highest standards. The team is responsible for the various regulatory reporting tasks and acts as point of contact for queries relating to Trade Events, Valuation, Documentation, Reporting and Reconciliations amongst others.
Additionally, advanced analytical data skills are desired to lead various new technologies that are being implemented within the Operations department including the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Data Analytical Dashboards using Qlik Sense and the implementation of a new OMS platform.
We are particularly keen to hear from buy-side professionals, with strong operational skills, who are looking for a new challenge within a dynamic, fast growing organization, which supports and encourages professional as well as personal growth.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of trade support and straight through processing duties as well as being responsible for the settlement and cash movement process across a wide range of asset classes and markets.
- Perform data and reporting analysis to assist in the development of business, financial and regulatory reports as well as general analysis to support change management.
- Responsible for providing various regulatory reports in a timely and accurate manner whether it be for EMIR, MiFID II, FATCA/CRS
- Responsible for collateral management and monitoring of OTC pricing is in line as well as the confirmation process through ISDA’s, MCA’s or long form confirmation agreements.
- Responsible for pre-matching, trade affirmation and confirmation against Counterparties and instructing on various trade types.
- Responsible for trade, position and cash reconciliations, investigating and resolving breaks as appropriate.
- Responsible for trade event monitoring, processing and verification including booking of swap resets and close-outs are in line.
- Manage fee and invoice calculations and processing
- Responsible for security lending process and liaising with our agents.
- Responsible for monitoring proxy voting process.
The Ideal Candidate will have;
Skills / competencies:
- Ability to efficiently interact and collaborate with all levels within the company (from entry level trainees through to senior managers).
- Quick learner who thrives within a challenging and deadline driven environment.
- Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly and accurately.
- Risk and control awareness and experience of taking responsibility both locally and regionally.
- Outstanding analytical ability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – complete fluency in English is required. Italian or another European language is desirable but not mandatory.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5-8 years of extensive front to back experience within a Fund / Asset Management focusing on a wide range of products.
- Strong knowledge and experience in dealing with the following asset types- Funds (ETF’s, External and FoF), Equities, Deposits, Bonds, FX, Credit, Swaps, Exchange Traded Derivatives & OTC’s.
- Knowledge of all relevant industry regulations.
- Experience of fund launch, closure and merger processes.
- Awareness of industry standards, initiatives and core IT systems.
- Working knowledge of the following systems would be a distinct advantage, Bloomberg, SWIFT, MarkIt MTM & DS Match, OMGEO, FusionInvest, and Intellimatch.
- Appropriate 3rd Level Qualification or strong mathematical skills with extensive experience within the financial industry
- 2 References on Request.