Vice President, Credit Research Analyst - Leveraged Finance
- Not Specified
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Our Leveraged Finance/High Yield Research Team is searching for VP (Credit Research) to be based in either Mumbai or Gurgaon. Strong financial modeling, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills are paramount. The candidate should be capable of primary credit coverage of a defined list of Issuers and work collaboratively with investment professionals in the financial centres of New York, London, or Singapore. Generalists are encouraged to apply; those with good exposure to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) assessment highly regarded.
Brief description of where the role rests within the group and who it reports to:
The VP will be part of Global Credit in either Mumbai or Gurgaon and will report to manager locally.
- Deep fundamental credit research on a defined list of Issuers. Ability to make an informed view on absolute credit risk as well as direction, momentum, and valuation. Financial models, credit analysis, and trade ideas to be communicated to Portfolio Managers in financial centre locations to inform investment decisions
- Preparing and maintaining/updating financial models with projections
- Writing Credit reports
- Maintaining comparative company analysis
- Participating in conference calls, industry conferences, and discussions with management/rating agencies
- preparing questions for management
- dialing into road shows and updating views on new issuances
- Restructuring, event risk, capital structure, dominant/controlling shareholders, disruption
- Preparing Earnings Summaries
- Working on adhoc projects based on topical issues/trends/reforms impacting industries
- Preparing industry databases and sections of thematic reports and presentations
- Understanding credit agreements and review applicable covenants
- As a senior member of the analyst team, sharing knowledge and mentoring others is a key requirement
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - present ideas in a clear, concise, and constructive manner
- Strong Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Finance with superior academic record; CFA will be an added advantage
- Experience in writing credit reports
- Excellent credit skills demonstrated through prior relevant experience (10+ years) working as a research analyst
- Familiarity with financial databases like Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.