Associate, Financial Crime
- Not Specified
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The firm is seeking an individual to join the Global Financial Crime Team, based in Mumbai. This is a role that will require the individual to be able to operate across a broad range of financial crime risks, including money laundering and terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption and fraud, but particular subject matter expertise in compliance operations, specifically sanctions and adverse media screening is an advantage. The successful candidate will report into the Global Financial Crime Team and will work with various team members across the firm. The role will provide an opportunity for a person with proven expertise in technical development, analytical and quantitative skills to contribute to the technology platforms used by the Global Financial Crime team and contribute to a robust financial crime framework in India.
- Manage the Financial Crime screening program, including customer screening for sanctions, adverse media and PEP designations.
- Manage a team of 3 individuals (with the opportunity for team growth) including goal setting, performance management and day to day management of the team
- Perform sanctions, adverse media and PEP reviews and document findings
- Escalate screening matches to key stakeholders and regional financial crime heads, as needed
- Design and conduct Quality Assurance checks on critical Financial Crime processes
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and internal business functions to drive process efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Conduct trend analysis on transactional and customer data and perform threshold testing
- Provide operations support to the global financial crime team
- Support the development of a Financial Crime workflow system
- Support enhancement of global MIS including centralization of Board reporting
- Support roll-out of ongoing monitoring and testing program
- Experience in Financial Crime areas is preferred, either at a financial institution or IT company/consultancy firm providing support to financial institutions
- Visualization tool experience with Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik or similar tools
- Ability to articulate conclusions in a clear way to a non-technical audience, supported by strong statistical data analytical skills
- Knowledge of Financial Crime client screening software, global client information databases and AML tool products is desirable
- Excellent communication, judgement and business partnership skills
- Able to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Proactive, self-motivated and well organized
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Other languages an advantage
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, and Advanced Excel Knowledge is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.