Revenue Controller - Hungary
- Budapest XIII. kerulet, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Ltd
- 12 Mar 19
The Revenue Controller (Subscription Revenue) will be responsible for ensuring that revenue is closed according to the month end calendar and in accordance with revenue recognition rules under US GAAP.
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
- Review contracts to ensure revenue is recorded timely and in accordance with US GAAP
- Review of monthly accrual to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Preparation and review of revenue amortization journal entries as well as other manual adjusting / re-class entries
- Revenue analytics (MoM, QoQ, YoY, actual vs run rate, actual vs budget etc.)
- Revenue related balance sheet reconciliations (deferred and unbilled)
- Ensure proper controls and sign off on all relevant deliverables
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules
- Assist in quarterly 10Q reporting requirements
- Ad hoc projects support such as automation and process improvement projects
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Degree in accounting or finance related field
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certificate
- 2 plus years of relevant experience
- Experience with Big 4 public accounting or US publicly-traded company industry experience
- US GAAP experience a plus
- SAP, Salesforce and RevPro experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Detail oriented and organised with ability to analyse high volume data and understanding of the big picture
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.