Database Dev & Engineering - Vice President
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Prime Brokerage Entitlements Technology is seeking developers for exciting roles in the technology group supporting one of the most critical and interesting aspects of software development – namely security and entitlements of Prime Brokerage business applications. The successful candidates will be responsible for building the system to manage entitlements, which centrally controls authorization for more than 50 systems in the firm. Our group partners closely with a wide range of technology and business teams and the opportunity to make tangible impact to the firm’s security controls through creative use of new technology is huge.
Development work is done in agile fashion with a typical delivery cycle of between 2 to 6 weeks. Platforms are built using n-tier infrastructure: user interfaces are written in HTML5/JS, middle tier(s) in Java and back end using Sybase/DB2. This is a very dynamic platform and the team works with tight deadlines, so successful candidates need to be able to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- You will be an experienced database developer focused on design, analysis and build and support sophisticated solutions involving data analytics, integration with other systems, rules and calculation engines, flexible reporting and support tools.
- You will be responsible for building services and libraries which a number of technology teams rely on for their end-user authorization and will be actively managing risks to availability, capacity, and backward compatibility.
- In addition to keeping up with firm/industry standards you will continuously evolve the application for changing business, operational, security and support requirements.
- You will participate in code review, developer testing, releases, level 3 support and team trainings. Actively manage issues, risks, action items, and change control in accordance with documented procedures.
- You should be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of the wider team.
- A minimum of 3 years ANSI SQL, database development knowledge. Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years web or services development in Java using Spring, CXF and JDBC.
- Candidate should be well versed in database design, data migration, data structures, caching, design patterns & multi-threaded n-tier application design.
- Investment banking background is not essential; however, ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is a pre-requisite.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.