Senior Transaction Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bluemont Consulting
- 24 Mar 19
This jobholder will assist in managing and leading the transaction management teams for corporate trust and agency transactions in a leading global bank. Focusing across Hong Kong, India, Shanghai, Singapore, Indonesia and Australia with a main focus on the Agency business which will include syndicated finance, project and export finance and real estate finance etc. This position reports directly to the Regional Head of Transaction Management, Asia Pacific.
Ideal candidate is expected to:
- Develop transaction managers through training and sharing of knowledge.
- Supervise transaction managers in managing documentation risk for loan agency transactions in the Asia Pacific region.
- Manage transaction managers and oversee loan agency deals independently, but escalate where appropriate.
- Ensure transaction managers are properly trained and able to perform their job responsibilities.
- Ensure that transactions negotiated by transaction managers conform with or adhere to group standards as well as market/industry standards where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for work allocation among the transaction managers in the agency business, if required.
- Execute transactions, if required.
- Deputising for the Regional Head of Transaction Management, if required.
- Demonstrate clear awareness of the operational and reputational risk scenarios associated to the Agency business and proactively minimise exposure to risk.
- Work with lenders, counsels, sales, operations, client services, legal, compliance and tax teams in ensuring high quality transaction negotiation and execution services are provided.
- Lead the development of documentation precedents for each ISV Asia Pacific site.
- Maintain internal control standards and the group compliance policy.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years PQE as a banking and finance lawyer or extensive experience in the Loan Agency business.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Ability to work consistently under pressure in a high-performing environment.
- Ability to respond in a time critical fashion to issues arising from new or existing transactions.
- Sufficient corporate trust and loan agency experience to ensure that the company is not exposed to any legal, operational or reputational risks.
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decisions, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with management at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in a business context.
- Exposure to conventional debt, medium term note programmes, structured finance and escrow transactions is an advantage.
- Fluent English is a must; Mandarin is desirable; and Cantonese would also be good.
- Strong time management and negotiation skills.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
- Client focused.
- Team player.