Senior Trader - Fixed Income
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 03 May 19
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Primary responsibility is to trade Asian corporate and sovereign debt for mutual funds and institutional accounts, ensuring best execution. Additional responsibilities include organizing syndicate process for new issues, providing team members with market color, aiding the team in maintaining compliance and governance as well as cultivating relationships with the broker/dealer community. This position will be part of the Global Fixed Income Trading Team working and will be based in Hong Kong.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Execute fixed income orders for Invesco portfolio managers around the world.
- Achieve best execution for portfolio management directed trading activity using a variety of venues and broker/ dealers.
- Maintain a close relationship with fund managers, ensuring constant dialogue regarding market news, market trends, key market indicators and regulatory developments.
- Aid in resolving settlement issues working as a liaison between the trading desk and support functions including operations, compliance legal and accounting.
- Assist portfolio managers in monitoring and analyzing portfolio positions and modeling
- Assist portfolio managers in monitoring and applying compliance considerations on portfolios.
- Cultivate relationships with counterparties in support of our access to liquidity and investment idea flow.
- Maintain awareness of developments with markets, regulations, trading technology and other issues relevant to the relevant markets.
- Attend meetings, some of which may be after normal business hours, with brokers and other industry representatives for the purpose of developing appropriate industry contacts and relationships.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5 -10 years of experience trading fixed income securities.
- Knowledge of the investment grade and emerging market sales/trading business community is preferred.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, TradeWeb and MarkAxess.
- Familiarity with Order Management Systems is advantageous.
- Expertise in Excel and other desktop software is required. Knowledge of programing languages is a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of economic principles and capital markets functions.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree is required and MBA or CFA/CAIA is beneficial but not essential.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- HK SFC Type 1 and Type 9 required (We need to confirm with Legal and Compliance)
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.