Private Equity Associate (Healthcare Stream)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- VMS Investment Group
- 15 Mar 19
VMS Investment Group of Companies (the “Group”), is a leading multi-strategies investment group with diversified businesses covering proprietary investments, structured finance, asset management, securities brokerage and corporate finance advisory. The Group, with AUM about USD 3 billion, makes private investments in private / public equity and pre-IPO / IPO investments as well as special situation investments including distressed assets, acquisitions of controlling equities, collateralized loans and bonds. To cope with our expansion of private equities arm of business, the Group is currently seeking for analyst/associate to take up the following scope of work:
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the team for conducting industry research, financial due diligence and building financial models as well as participating in deal execution and monitoring process.
- Conduct research from primary literature, proprietary databases, tailored industry surveys, expert interviews etc.
- Analysis of survey and other health care related datasets
- Write company specific and thematic investment-driven research reports
- Assist in technical, commercial, financial, legal, IP due diligence process and liaise with external professional parties on deal execution process
- Keep abreast of industry specific market conditions
- Perform ad hoc assignments as per management requests
- Business travel for due diligence work
The role demands an ambitious self-starter who can demonstrate high levels of initiative with a drive to succeed both as an individual and as a strong team player. Able to demonstrate commitment to technical excellence, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines with minimal supervision.
Exceptional academic background. MD or PhD in life sciences related field preferred
- At least 3 years of clinical experience or industry experience in life sciences related product research & development or business development, consulting, or relevant working experience
- Familiarity in financial and accounting concepts preferred
- Self-driven, highly responsible and able to work independently
- Well organized and detailed oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Independent and team player