Credit Officer - Financial Institutions and Hedge Funds
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 19 Apr 19
Job Reference # 184837BR
Are you great with numbers? Do you have an analytical mind?
We are looking for a Credit Officer to:
- work closely with Credit Officers and Portfolio Underwriters (i.e. Senior management in Risk), and perform risk assessment and continuous monitoring of assigned portfolio
- evaluate counterparty credit risk based on good understanding of the counterparty's risk profile, business environment, exposure and financial performance as well as a number of other quantitative and qualitative measures of counterparties' credit worthiness (This may include client due diligence via client visit or conference call)
- provide approval recommendations on rating, facility size, requirements for trading, collateral and security documentation independently and proactively
- prepare counterparty reviews/transactional credit proposals drawing conclusions relating to credit assessment, risk appetite, exposure drivers and business prospects
- monitor counterparty and portfolio credit quality, as well as key risk drivers of portfolio credit exposure on a continual basis
- perform ad hoc credit risk analysis and portfolio deep dive when necessary
Credit Risk Control (CRC) is a specialist team of credit professionals within Global Risk Control (GRC). The team is responsible for assessing, approving and monitoring the creditworthiness of Asian credit counterparties, with focus on Financial Institutions and Hedge Funds. You will have the opportunity of working with your regional colleagues as well as being part of our global credit team spanning across US-EMEA-APAC. Product focus includes OTC Derivatives, Repos, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Structured Lending, Trade & Export Finance.
- a university degree or international equivalent qualification
- at least 5-6 years professional experience in a credit or risk role
- excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate directly and professionally with clients and internal peers is of critical importance to the role
- thorough knowledge and understanding of financial markets and derivatives
- experience analysing banks and/or hedge fund counterparties
- Fluent in English. Mandarin or Japanese language skills are a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.