- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Client Services Manager, Private Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity arises in Standard Chartered Private Bank Hong Kong.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive client support services to Team Leader / RMs in executing a broad range of banking and investment transactions for Private Banking clients.
- Provide concise and relevant information flow and execute all client transactional and administrative needs accurately and on a timely basis (information flow and client requests might include but not be limited to exchange rate requests, referral letters).
- Handle and resolve day-to-day queries from clients, TL or RMs on transactional activity, operations, systems, account re-balancing processes etc.
- Support TL/RMs to complete sales documentation and related processes (e.g. client profiling / KYC diligence) and input such information together with deal information into data capture and / or transaction processing systems.
- Assist TL/RMs in preparing Business Credit Application, financial review documentation and other customer correspondence as and when required.
- Support TL/RMs in attending to and follow-up on customer service issues with clients and internal departments, and in all cases report and escalate customer complaints to management in accordance with established procedures. Failure to report and escalate complaints will result in disciplinary action
- Handle and ensure client document and reporting comply with internal process standards.
- Ensure full awareness of and adherence to the policy and procedures e.g. credit policy and operation procedures.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, highlight suspicious activities/behavior of clients and staff e.g. account irregularities and alert TL/RM of the suspicious transactions on a timely basis.
- Fully compliant with regulations and Group policies and guidelines, and be able to highlight, mitigate and protect the bank against credit, legal, documentation, repetition and other risks; to conduct business at all times in a compliance-conscious manner and alert to the potential risks of money laundering and other undesirable transactions/activity during and after client on-boarding process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Full commitment to and delight in outstanding client service
- Solid experience in customer service or sales
- Experience of sales assistant role in private banking sector
- Experience in servicing the affluent market and / or HNW segment an advantage
- Good knowledge of investments, banking products, operational procedures and systems
- Customer-oriented, organized and efficient
- Ability to analyse situations, prioritise and implement processes effectively
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passed in the HKSI Licensing Examination Paper 1, 7 & 8 and /or License Person of Type 1 and 4 under HKMA / SFC
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.