Brokerage Operations Hong Kong
- Cash/stock bonus + Medical
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers LLC
- 25 Mar 19
Interactive Brokers (“IBKR”) is a direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing broker for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. The firm serves more than 598,000 customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 120 market centers in 31 countries around the world.
By building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business, IBKR is able to efficiently scale its business and control risks. For example, the firm employs fully automated real-time risk management systems that monitor and control customer positions in equities, options, futures and forex across multiple account types and currencies. The business is in a stage of rapid growth.
IBKR is a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR). The Group’s consolidated capital is in excess of USD 7.1 billion. In addition to electronic brokerage services, the Group’s market maker companies trade in equities and exchange-listed equity derivative products around the world. Interactive Brokers Group plays a leading role in trading and brokerage worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over 900,000 trades per day.
Interactive Brokers' headquarters are in Greenwich Connecticut, and it has over 1380 employees in its offices in the USA, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia, Switzerland and UK. [i]
[i] Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
As part of our Brokerage Operations team in Hong Kong you will be responsible for analyzing and advising on solutions for institutional customers, ongoing improvement of our processes and troubleshooting urgent issues. We are looking for candidates with superior analytical skills and basic IT/technology knowledge in order to understand and solve complex issues. This is an excellent opportunity for a goal-oriented, motivated individual who can actively help to shape our business globally. If you are motivated, have strong initiative and have an analytical mindset; we can offer a challenging and rewarding career. To prepare for this demanding position, the successful candidate will go through a structured period of training with our institutional client services team.
- Lead special projects in far ranging topics such as feature requests, product roll outs and legal/compliance
- Own and route issues that are escalated to other departments such Clearing, Development and Technical Support
- Analyze existing systems and procedures in order to recommend and assist in the implementation of enhancements
- Act as client liaison by communicating with other internal departments such as sales, institutional service desk, clearing and compliance
- Solid academic background (minimum Bachelor’s degree)
- Experience: Minimum 2+ years financial industry experience with trading or brokerage services background preferred
- Product Knowledge: General market knowledge in futures, options and equity markets
- IT Skills: Computer proficiency (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and ability to learn new (proprietary) software
- Proficient English skills are required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a small-team environment