In KPMG’s Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. As part of the Greater Bay Area our team in Hong Kong represents a dynamic and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
KPMG’s Technology Risk team focus on the use of technology by our clients and help 1st , 2nd and 3rd line of defense in navigating the relevant technology risk and compliance matters in a strategic and tactical manner. Our professionals do this by leveraging our strong industry, IT control and technology focus and experience; deploying leading methodologies and tools; applying our objectivity; using a balanced approach to growth and risk; utilizing our comprehensive global breadth and local knowledge; and calling upon our deep understanding of relevant business, financial, and regulatory inter-dependencies.
We are now seeking both Associate Directors and Managers to join the team. The individual will help grow and built the team, engagements and client relationships.
- Design and execute the day-to-day activities of IT-related audits and risk assessments, with a focus on strategic, operational and regulatory / compliance related risks
- Plan activities related to development of audit program, and execution of internal audits and IT control assessments in the following areas: cybersecurity, IT strategy and governance, IT operations, business continuity and disaster recovery, network and infrastructure security, cloud and third party risk, programs and projects, automation, General Information Technology Controls (GITCs) and application controls, and regulatory / compliance requirements
- Review clients' processes and controls against leading practice and industry frameworks, identify gaps in design and execution, and communicate issues and recommendations to engagement leads and senior management of clients
- Assist with proposal development, project scoping, financial management, delivery risk management and the initial review of deliverables
- Identify business opportunities and work with wider team to generate growth
- Contribute to technology risk knowledge base and internal practice development initiatives
- Supervise and provide performance management for junior staff working on assigned engagements
- Develop internal networks and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider Consulting, Audit and Advisory areas
Additional Responsibilities For Associate Director
- Drive team built and growth in HK and GBA region
- Write and present clear and concise reports and presentations containing meaningful observations and recommendations to clients, and document procedures performed and conclusions reached related to projects
- Lead proposal and business development activities by building propositions, identifying of new target clients, building business relationships with key executives, developing/presenting proposals, and assisting with client presentations
- Engagement management including the managing of scoping, financial management, delivery risk management and the review of deliverables
- Provide oversight, leadership and coaching to KPMG team members regarding deliverables, project plans, and performance management while contributing to industry and regulatory publications, writing professional and thought leadership articles, and speaking at related conferences and seminars
- A minimum of five years of experience working within an internal audit, IT risk or IT compliance function as an internal employee or as part of a professional services firm, in the Financial Services Industry
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Prior knowledge leading and executing risk-based IT-related internal audits and/or risk and control assessments, leveraging IT governance and control frameworks such as COBIT, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, and ITIL
- CISA, PMP, CISSP, CGEIT or CRISC certification is preferred
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within industry sectors
- Experience with IT Risk Management and three lines of defense frameworks
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver work within tight timelines, on budget and at a high level of quality
- Strong teamwork ability and able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and exceptional interpersonal skills; able to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
Additional Qualifications For Associate Director
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, lead project engagements, attract new business, and build lasting professional relationships with senior client executives
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.