Assistant Manager - International Trade Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Handling of Bank Guarantee operation support to clients
- Discuss with clients / business on terms and conditions for Bank Guarantee transactions.
- Work with other stakeholders within / outside the department to ensure transactions be processed on time.
- Monitoring and follow-up of transactions revenue
- Ensure the bank is well protected by applying different rules and regulations on guarantee transactions.
- Ensure guidelines and policies are strictly followed for BG transactions
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- To comply with the bank's regulatory requirements on vigilance checking.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and be implementing sufficient regular controls.
- To ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an abnormal issue is identified.
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions ("AML/FS") related duties. Operations are in integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS - related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- Any other activities relating to trade operation processing as assigned by management.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues in team to build up team spirit.
- Contribute in developing new products or plans jointly with other teams / sites.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Understanding ICC relevant rules like UCP600, URDG ….etc.
- Basic understanding of local laws relating to guarantee transactions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- PC operation knowledge
- MS Office operations
Experience and Qualifications required
- At least 5 years related experience.
- University Degree or above
- Knowledge to Bank Guarantee operations is a must.