Asset Management, China Intermediary Business, Sales Support, Analyst / Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 Nov 18
J.P. Morgan is looking for a Sales Support at Analyst / Associate level to support our China Intermediary Business within Asset Management, based in Hong Kong.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management launched its China Intermediary Business in 2007 serving Qualified Domestic Institutional Investors (China QDII Scheme) – a scheme that officially and legitimately allowed domestic investors to invest offshore. Since 2016, the China Intermediary team has expanded its business to cover other cross-border programs including Mutual Recognition of Funds (MRF).
The China Intermediary team serves financial intermediaries such as local banks, foreign banks, securities companies, wealth management firms and online distribution channels through a combination of both segregated mandates and white-labeling distribution model. We provide a wide range of investment strategies and solutions to investors, spanning across various asset classes, regions and markets.
As a leading player among global asset managers in the QDII scheme and the largest player in Mutual Recognition of Funds, we aim to serve our clients with first class product solutions in a first class way.
Currently, we are looking for an Analyst or Associate to support the China Intermediary team’s business coverage and enhance the sales support function.
- Provide sales support to the China Intermediary team, including but not limited to preparing sales reports and product/market analysis
- Assist the team to complete different business projects in accordance to the rapid growth of the China funds market
- Assist in marketing events / sales trainings / seminars and coordinate with internal parties to prepare relevant marketing materials
- Prepare and translate product pitchbooks, presentations and reports (from English to Simplified Chinese and vice versa)
- Handle client enquiries and facilitate account opening procedures, coordinate with internal parties (Marketing, Legal and Compliance, Operations etc) to work towards a solution
University graduate in Business, Finance and / or related disciplines with minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably with a background in asset management
Good understanding of financial terminologies, investment funds and the fund distribution landscape in China
Willingness to work on weekends and travel to China when necessary; able to manage high volumes, work under pressure and within tight deadlines
Solid knowledge of relevant software and applications and Chinese typing
Proficiency in both verbal and written English and Mandarin is essential; fluency in Cantonese is a plus
Mature, honest, proactive and positive attitude; team-oriented plus strong communication and interpersonal skills