CFO of State Street International Bank
Purpose of the Role:
The role is the Chief Financial Officer covering SSBI, headquartered in Munich, Germany, regulated by the European Central bank, with branch operations in Austria, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland and the UK. The scope of Finance staff managed by this role is circa 150 across the branches. Scope of the aggregated business supported is in excess of $1.3 billion in revenue, balance sheet size of ca. $ 45 billion and approx. 8,200 staff. Major Responsibilities:
Collective Responsibilities with other EMB members of SSBI:
- The CFO provides leadership to the finance teams supporting Institutional Services, Global Markets, Global Exchange and the Corporate Functions within the legal entity and branches of SSBI/
- The role has broad Finance and management responsibilities for staff in Germany, France, Italy, Luxemburg, Poland and Switzerland. Responsibilities include all aspects of Finance, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Audits, Taxes, Management Reporting, Sarbannes Oxley, Legal Entity Governance and overall business Decision Support. Strong collaboration and partnership is required with all businesses and functional areas including Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, Information Technology and Audit.
- CFO is required to lead the relationship with ECB and local Regulators on Financial, Capital and Liquidity reporting matters. The role has the responsibility to ensure any new regulatory requirements around capital, liquidity and product reporting are appropriately analysed and implemented.
- CFO will be appointed a member of the Executive Management Board, after a successful Fit & Proper approval process, both internally and externally.
- The role drives the strategic implementation of the Finance Transformation plan. The role also drives the execution of finance transformation initiatives both in Poland and in India with the aim to achieve significant cost savings and more harmonized and streamlined finance processes.
- This role is required to oversee Finance support to Business plans, general strategy, M&A activity, new products, entity restructuring and other strategic projects.The role supports the SSBI Branch Heads and management teams of each country and provides direct advisory and decision support capabilities. The role reports to the CEO of SSBI, and functionally to the State Street Controller.
- In addition the role requires oversight responsibility for Finance Shared Service Centre operations in Poland & India.
- The CFO leads the relationship with External Auditors on all Audit and Financial matters.
- Ensure that SSBI has a business strategy which is aimed at the sustainable development of the bank and a risk strategy which is consistent therewith as well as processes for the planning, implementation, assessment and adjustment of the strategies;
- Establish procedures for determining and ensuring SSBI's risk-bearing capacity;
- Establish internal control procedures for SSBI by means of an internal control system and an internal audit function;
- Ensure adequate human and technical resources for SSBI taking into account the internal requirements, the business activities and the risk situation of the bank;
- Ensure the existence of adequate contingency plans for SSBI;
- Establish adequate processes and concepts with regard to outsourcing of services and activities by SSBI to avoid excessive additional risks and an impairment of the proper conduct of the business, the services and the organization.
- Proven track record of advancement, with experience at a multi-national financial institution or a national Public Accounting Firm.
- Subject matter expert in Finance (accounting, international regulatory reporting, FP&A) with knowledge of bank and securities industry policy and reporting.
- Master's degree and/or CPA/CFA (or foreign country equivalent) required.
- Proven leadership capability in managing large teams cross border in multi-jurisdiction
- Strong background & experience in German, IFRS and USGAAP related to financial institutions
- International experience required (combination of US and Europe preferred).
- Strong knowledge of international & local statutory accounting & regulatory environment
- Practical understanding of the accounting process and environment and related ERP Systems (Oracle, Abacus Da Vinci).
- Ability to identify and accounting gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Exposure to working with teams in offshore locations
- Must be a strong, decisive, results oriented individual with very strong and proven leadership capabilities.
- Highly competent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and service orientation.
- Managerial skill-set (planning, analysing, organizing, communicating, influencing).
- Strong communication skills:
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), German, other languages beneficial
- Ability to present vision to staff, peers and top management clearly
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Must be capable of developing and managing relationships across the company focused on international locations with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
- Thrives working in a fast paced, challenging international environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Candidate requires strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, intercultural and interpersonal skills for communicating and building relationships with multiple levels and internal and external interfaces, detail-oriented and "hands-on" working Manager, smart leadership to enable and to insure the changes inside the company, cooperative team player, authentic and empathetic.